Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon 'in deep water'

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    M22s
    M22s  236 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jan 2012 - 2:36 PM

Well, i was going to lighten my wallet abit this weekend, but it seems nikon have been hit hard by the flooding in Thailand. So the 18-200 is on backorder from wex and Jessops.
    Having just spoken to my friendly camera shop man, he reckons there won't be many deliveries through until March! :/

Anyone heard any more on this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Jan 2012 - 2:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  46194 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jan 2012 - 2:49 PM

Try Park Cameras:

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/excellent-service-from-online-retailer-95...

MattB1987
    MattB1987 e2 Member 2406 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
    19 Jan 2012 - 2:50 PM

I heard the same when I went to buy a D7000, i managed to get the last one at Jessops Norwich, and they said they were promised some February but normal deliveries wont start until late March or even later.
    Matt

User_Removed
    19 Jan 2012 - 4:13 PM

I posted the link that Mikehit posted above because I found the same problem when looking for a Nikkor 28-300mm lens earlier this week and found one in stock at Park Cameras who delivered within 24 hours.

So you may have to hunt around a bit.

Having said that, when I had a D300 which is a DX camera, I used an 18-200mm as a travel lens. In that case it was the Sigma brand - an 18-200mm OS - which cost less than half the price of the equivalent Nikkor, and I found it first class in every respect. So, if you can't find a Nikkor currently available, do have a look at the Sigma as an alternative.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 Jan 2012 - 4:14 PM
    MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    19 Jan 2012 - 7:19 PM

...one here and free delivery and no quibble return if you're not happy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-28-300mm-3-5-5-6G-ED-VR/dp/B003ZSHNEA/ref=sr_1_1?i...

Railcam
    Railcam  7465 forum posts Scotland
    19 Jan 2012 - 9:24 PM

Try Grays of Westminster

Currently they have five "18-200" in their second hand list. Their grading is that "Mint" is usually indistinguishable from brand new. I think they come with a six month warranty and they are a trusted company, not just an e-mail address and mobile 'phone number.

Last Modified By Railcam at 19 Jan 2012 - 9:26 PM
    geoffash26
    geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Jan 2012 - 9:35 PM

If its this lens your after send an email to deb@castlecameras.co.uk and she will reply first thing tomorrow on stock availability

Curlywurly
    20 Jan 2012 - 8:54 AM

No 18-200 at Castle Cameras I'm afraid but the Nikon rep is due to see them today - lets see if he has anything positive to say....

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62437 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    20 Jan 2012 - 10:03 AM

It seems to be currently in stock at 570 at Wilkinson cameras http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/lenses/af-lenses-autofocus/nikon.html?p=4
    Nikon's main Japan web site says full production of Thailand lenses and camera bodies should be back to normal by the end of March.

M22s
    M22s  236 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2012 - 4:03 PM

Thanks alot gents! Have decided to get the other lens I was after and will get this one another day Smile 300 f4 pleeease, going to have a play with one at the weekend.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.