Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

nikon 18.200mm VR lens

Kool_Kat e2
8 162 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2010 3:26PM
I am thinking of getting this for my D300s for my next holliday wil it be worth it
Kath

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

riprap007 10 1.6k 37 England
10 Jan 2010 3:30PM
it is very versatile (often under rated by lens snobs too) that is ideal as a travel lens, expensive but I think, after looking at your PF, you'd love it.
jonah794 5 1.7k 11 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2010 3:36PM
Its fantastic! I have got it and it was worth every penny Smile

Cracking lens, superb quality - and try and get a good deal. Amazon do a good price...
User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2010 3:51PM
Which version are you thinking of Kath?

I understand that V 2 is far superior to the original at the long end Smile
janmac 6 6
10 Jan 2010 5:31PM
I have this lens, it is good, but not at the 200 end like Barrie says. I use it on the D300. I have used it for weddings as second shooter. Lots of comments are made about this lens. I have had this lens a year now, it does not suffer from zoom creep or any other problems people speak about. Maybe you could hire one, see if you like it.
10 Jan 2010 6:17PM
I owned this lens (had to sell it to help fund purchase of 2nd hand D300), as a day out/holiday lens it is superb, as long as you do not expect to take images of tiny birds/butterflies at 200mm, other than that highly recommended. I too read reviews and also scratched my head at some of the comments, the fact that it has held its secondhand price so well tells you a lot.
David

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.