Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon capture NX

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    HarrietH
    HarrietH e2 Member 3254 forum postsHarrietH vcard Portugal
    29 Sep 2013 - 11:55 AM

Can I buy Nikon capture NX as an online download in Europe? I saw one site but when I investigated there were some adverse commentaries.
    Thanks,
    Harriet

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Sep 2013 - 11:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

akh
    akh e2 Member 101138 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2013 - 12:20 PM

If you are looking to buy the original version of Nikon capture NX then I think you will be hard pressed to find it as it is old software. What you need is NX2 which should be available to download as a trial version from Nikon
    Tony

dakasuju
    dakasuju e2 Member 5dakasuju vcard
    29 Sep 2013 - 12:24 PM

I had no problem and it has worked well since I got it. I also found that when I got familiar with its use, I get better results than I do using Photoshop CS5. Very different mode of use of course , but I found it much easier to master than I have Lightroom for instance. Good luck with it if you do decide to purchase. Ken

HarrietH
    29 Sep 2013 - 12:51 PM

I really meant NX2 but my problem wasn't well explained, my problem was the only seller I could find had a few people commenting not to buy from there. I would prefer to buy from Nikon but I want to get it online.

Harriet

Stuart463
    Stuart463 e2 Member 6551 forum postsStuart463 vcard United Kingdom
    29 Sep 2013 - 1:51 PM

A 60 day trial is downloadable from Nikon here

HarrietH
    29 Sep 2013 - 2:59 PM

Thanks Stuart, I hav downloaded. I suppose if I want to have it they will give me an option to buy it.

Harriet

thewilliam
    29 Sep 2013 - 11:30 PM

I seem to remember buying my copy - a real DVD in a box - from Grays of Westminster and it was cheaper than RRP.

HarrietH
    30 Sep 2013 - 7:37 AM

I suppose that would be best, I am a bit lazy and when I want something it is wonderful to have it immediately. I will definitely look at that option.

Harriet

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    30 Sep 2013 - 12:27 PM

Don't actually pay for it until you have tried it exhaustively.

NX2 now lies totally unused on my PC because Lightroom is infinitely superior (and less expensive).

The only slight advantage of NX2, if you limit yourself to a "point and shoot" mentality, is that it will carry forward any in-camera "scene" settings you might use. Personally, I much prefer to start with an untarnished Raw file and apply my own adjustments post-exposure.

HarrietH
    30 Sep 2013 - 12:58 PM

Thanks Gundog. I have been reading all I can on the internet about shooting raw and its advantages, I was very interested to read what Rockwell said on the subject, he said more or less that Camera companies invest an enormous amount of time and research getting the best results from their cameras and that he feels it is very much like someone going to a top restaurant and taking home a meal made by a top chef and redoing it at home.
    I am giving raw and NX2 a good trial, I have about 55 days to go and I will be able to decide by then, or perhaps much sooner. I agree that sometimes we become (perhaps too) enthusiastic about something and then find out that we have bought something we never use.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62359 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    30 Sep 2013 - 1:37 PM

In their era NX and NX2 were way ahead of the competition.
    If you want to edit everything Lightroom is probably a better starting point as you do not have NX2.
    As you cannot use Nikon camera presets with Lightroom you have to at least batch process almost everything in Lightroom as a basic RAW file starts with no sharpening, low contrast and low saturation.
    A dilemma for those with NX2 or quite good and free NX2, or who have used in camera Nikon settings is these options are dumped by Lightroom, and by most other software, unless you first convert everything on your computer hard drive to a TIFF.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.