Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon Capture nx Tutorials

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    geniehawk
    geniehawk  7181 forum posts England
    12 Sep 2007 - 8:19 PM

Please can anyone help.....I have spent most of the evening trying to watch the Nikon NX tutorials with no luck. When the movie opens I get a large blue Q in the centre of the screen which quickly disappears and a message at the top left hand corner saying"press spacebar or enter to activate & use this control" but when I try either, nothing happens. Each time I have tried my whole systems freezes and I have to reboot to start again. I am using a pc with windows xp home and IE. I am not technically minded so any help would need to be simple.....

Thanks, Jeannie.

Last Modified By geniehawk at 12 Sep 2007 - 8:22 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Sep 2007 - 8:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Lou_C
    Lou_C  7755 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Sep 2007 - 9:11 PM

It might be that you need to install some extra codecs. The Klite codecs are normally recommended, not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but goggling klite brings up plenty of places to download it

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Sep 2007 - 9:14 PM

Sounds like it is trying to use Apple quicktime (or whatever it is called) and do you have a recent version installed?

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    geniehawk
    12 Sep 2007 - 9:54 PM

Hi both, thankyou so much for your replies, Quick time was what was needed. I have installed a more recent addition and have been able to watch the tutorials at last! I can now hopefully use the programe to a better effect. Maybe even upload an image, anyway thanks once again.

Jeannie.

Perdiccas
    Perdiccas  790 forum posts Holy See (Vatican City State)
    13 Sep 2007 - 6:45 AM

This, The Photographers Guide to Capture NX is the best, most simple guide to using NX I've come across. I can thoroughly recommend it.

Last Modified By Perdiccas at 13 Sep 2007 - 6:46 AM
    geniehawk
    13 Sep 2007 - 9:00 AM

Thanks Perdiccas, I will try to get a copy.

Jeannie.

akh
    akh e2 Member 101142 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2007 - 9:25 AM

I can also recommend the above guide - easy to download. A touch more expensive but excellent are the DVDs produced by Vincent Versace, details here. The first two DVDs are good but the third one doesn't seem to do anything on my machine.
    Tony

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.