Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Nikon Capture nx Tutorials

geniehawk 8 181 England
12 Sep 2007 8:19PM
Please can anyone help.....I have spent most of the evening trying to watch the Nikon NX tutorials with no luck. When the movie opens I get a large blue Q in the centre of the screen which quickly disappears and a message at the top left hand corner saying"press spacebar or enter to activate & use this control" but when I try either, nothing happens. Each time I have tried my whole systems freezes and I have to reboot to start again. I am using a pc with windows xp home and IE. I am not technically minded so any help would need to be simple.....

Thanks, Jeannie.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Lou_C 7 755 2 England
12 Sep 2007 9:11PM
It might be that you need to install some extra codecs. The Klite codecs are normally recommended, not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but goggling klite brings up plenty of places to download it
csurry
12 9.2k 92
12 Sep 2007 9:14PM
Sounds like it is trying to use Apple quicktime (or whatever it is called) and do you have a recent version installed?
geniehawk 8 181 England
12 Sep 2007 9:54PM
Hi both, thankyou so much for your replies, Quick time was what was needed. I have installed a more recent addition and have been able to watch the tutorials at last! I can now hopefully use the programe to a better effect. Maybe even upload an image, anyway thanks once again.

Jeannie.
Perdiccas 8 90 Holy See (Vatican City State)
13 Sep 2007 6:45AM
This, The Photographers Guide to Capture NX is the best, most simple guide to using NX I've come across. I can thoroughly recommend it.
geniehawk 8 181 England
13 Sep 2007 9:00AM
Thanks Perdiccas, I will try to get a copy.

Jeannie.
akh e2
10 1.1k 5 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2007 9:25AM
I can also recommend the above guide - easy to download. A touch more expensive but excellent are the DVDs produced by Vincent Versace, details here . The first two DVDs are good but the third one doesn't seem to do anything on my machine.
Tony

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.