Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Nikon Cashback Woes

15 Feb 2008 9:21AM
Hi

Is anyone else having trouble getting their cashback from Nikon?

The small print says 28 days - I've been waiting over 6 weeks. Tried their helpline, spent ages hanging on an 0870 number - no joy.

Am I too impatient?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

admiles e2
8 241 United Kingdom
15 Feb 2008 11:03AM
If its any consolation Canon's cashback scheme seems to take ages too! Not just a Nikon thing.

Anthony
tanglefoot e2
10 963 England
15 Feb 2008 11:21AM
I'm still wondering
8 Mar 2008 7:36PM
I posted my request in in November and have still not received the cheque, though I was promised it would arrive in a week, 3 weeks ago !!!!

I hope there is some one from NIKON monitoring these forums and they can fully grasp how poorly this reflects on their corporate image.

john
They aren't much better for their 2 year warranty, I've been chasing this for months after Homeserve sent me a 1 year warranty. nikon have promised that it's on its way, but even after chasing it again there is no sign of the paperwork.
csurry
12 9.2k 92
9 Mar 2008 12:27PM

Quote:They aren't much better for their 2 year warranty, I've been chasing this for months after Homeserve sent me a 1 year warranty. nikon have promised that it's on its way, but even after chasing it again there is no sign of the paperwork.

Maybe just me but I never expected any paperwork for the 2 year warranty, as far as I can tell it is valid because of the registration on the website, etc.
9 Mar 2008 12:40PM
My understanding is that the 2 yr warranty is established when you register your camera on the Nikon website.

Chris
9 Mar 2008 2:06PM

Quote:I posted my request in in November and have still not received the cheque, though I was promised it would arrive in a week, 3 weeks ago !!!!

I hope there is some one from NIKON monitoring these forums and they can fully grasp how poorly this reflects on their corporate image.

john

I had my cheque about two weeks ago - a seven week wait in total ( i think)
9 Mar 2008 4:19PM
I got thru to them on the following E'mail address :-

nikon90th@mrm.co.uk

It may be worth a try !!!!
I wasn't expecting any paperwork, but then I got a 1 year warranty certificate which is what triggered me to chase it up to no avail... wasn't expecting a 1 year warranty.
csurry
12 9.2k 92
9 Mar 2008 8:24PM
The 1yr warranty is in the box as standard, but the 2yr is just registered on the website.

So long as you registered the camera within the timescale stated, which I can't remember, think it was a month, then you are covered for 2 yrs.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Mar 2008 9:08PM

Quote:The 1yr warranty is in the box as standard, but the 2yr is just registered on the website.

Whats the point of that, could they not just make it a two year waranty as standared Smile
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Mar 2008 9:15PM
well, they hope people do not do that, if you see what I mean.
it is like cashback, why not reduce the price at the first place...Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Mar 2008 9:27PM
Not widely known but Olympus has given a two year waranty as standared since the e1, no need to register online for that, its already in the box.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.