Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon Cool Pix P90

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MaryMac
    MaryMac  8258 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Jun 2009 - 5:32 PM

Hi I am looking at getting another digital camera I have the Sony DSC H50 and would like to know if anyone has the Nikon Cool Pix P90
    Is the zoom on it as good as the reviews say ?
    Any info appreciated
    Mary

Last Modified By MaryMac at 28 Jun 2009 - 5:32 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Jun 2009 - 5:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Zonda
    Zonda  5303 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jun 2009 - 7:59 AM

I got the P80, which is almost the same. For me it had just too many issues...Focusing, and picture noise. The lens is nearly 500mm..it's not really suitable for hand holding. Not saying it cant be done, but difficult. Also, if you want to be able to focus manually,,buy an slr. In my opinion Nikon don't excel in the compact, or (bridge) field. I sold my P80 for 50.

HJKeithW
    HJKeithW  659 forum posts New Zealand
    1 Jul 2009 - 4:19 AM

I too got a P80 and am very pleased with it, it wil do a lot of what a DSLR will do and is reasonably compact. IMHO it is an ideal camera for travelling. ITs drawbacks are the EVF isn't as clear as an SLR pentaprism view, it will shoot only JPG. THe menu system isn't too bad to follow when you get used to it.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014718 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jul 2009 - 4:52 AM

Here are some user reviews.

However, if I were in the market for a bridge camera today, I still think the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ50 is the best out there if you can find one. It was introduced 3 years ago, but it is still the closest you can get to a DSLR, and it has a Leica Lens. The zooming is done manually, same as an SLR, which is a huge advantage. I came close to getting one I liked the operation so much, but I have SLR's.

Look on ebay, I still see new ones on there. This is a solid camera.

I found this one, but it's used. At the price, I think it's still good, they were over $500.00 USD just this year on ebay. Note: the picture in this ebay ad is not the DMC FZ50. They say in the description it's black.

Denny

Last Modified By StrayCat at 1 Jul 2009 - 5:20 AM
    MaryMac
    MaryMac  8258 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jul 2009 - 6:19 AM

Thanks for the input everyone I have ordered one from SA and will pick it up on the 17th July when I go down there it seems to get a fair mix of good/bad user comments so I will give it a try
    Regards
    Mary

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.