Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon Coolpix S2500 not recognising any modes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    confuddled
    12 Dec 2012 - 6:34 PM

Hi
    Please be gentle with me but this looks a great forum and I'm ready to throw my camera through the window! If I want to change the flash mode, it responds with 'Erase 1 image', if I want to use the macro mode it responds the same. Even if I answer yes to erase 1 image and press OK it doesn't do anything!
    I tried to access the spanner in the menu mode but it will only highlight the spanner but when I try to select an action on the right it just ignores me.
    I know it's going to be something really simple but I'm quickly losing patience so I would be grateful for any help Grin

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Dec 2012 - 6:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KNS
    KNS  5106 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Dec 2012 - 8:25 PM

Make sure you are not accidentally holding down the ok button when using the relevant switches - other than that you could try taking the battery out, leave for 30 seconds or so and try again.

Not familiar with the camera, but these are good general starting points.... I take it you've not spilled anythng onto the switches....?

Best of luck

Last Modified By KNS at 12 Dec 2012 - 8:26 PM
    confuddled
    13 Dec 2012 - 12:27 PM

Thanks KNS - will have a try with your suggestions - I definitely haven't spilled anything on it - I'm just wondering if it's been set to something it shouldn't have been

KNS
    13 Dec 2012 - 12:48 PM

Could be - try the menu system for a full reset Smile should be one in there somewhere....

digital cameras are basically small computers with a bunch of optics added - the switch it off and back on again rule often applies...taking the battery out, as I said previously allows any short term memory to clear...

confuddled
    13 Dec 2012 - 3:22 PM

Well I tried taking the battery out and made sure I wasn't accidentally holding down the OK button but made no difference. My husband's had a look at it and the OK button is dodgy so have to press it in a certain way but at least it's working (kind of) - thanks KNS for taking the time to answer me - much appreciated

KNS
    13 Dec 2012 - 3:37 PM

You're welcome Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.