Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon coolscan

Bazzer 11 7
8 Mar 2003 10:27PM
I have recently invested in a nikon coolscan 4000 deciding to go the route of conventional flim camera and scanner rather than digital camera.

Does anyone know of any good books or websites that go into detail how to get the best out of the coolscan 4000? Doing a few scans seems to be taking me an awful long time.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ella 11 43
20 Mar 2003 9:24PM
have you tried batch processing your negs?

I have the Nikon Coolscan IV ED (same desing, lower resolution) and generally feed in my negs in strips of six which it processes, saves to disk and ejects the full strip. It took me a while to figure out how to do this as it isn't in the help file or manual.

It does mean that you can get on with other things whilst it processes them, and pop in every few minutes to put the next strip in.

It is also possible to set it to only calculate the exposure on the first neg from a set which saves time on the other 35. This is ideal if just producing contact sheets and then rescan and calculate exposure for anything you want to work with to ensure the best results.

Have not found any helpful websites / books / other. The helpfiles are terrible.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.