Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon D3000

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ian White
    Ian White  11177 forum posts United Kingdom
    27 Oct 2011 - 4:30 PM

OK boys and girls,i have been offered a nikon D3000 with a 18 - 55 VR lenes,but no Softwere for 275.00,it's looks very tidy
    is this a good price ?,thanks for any help you can give me

Ian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Oct 2011 - 4:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman
    Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2011 - 4:35 PM

It doesn't seem bad and is a competent camera. If you want live view or HD recording then it may not be. The latest version (Nikon D3100) is selling for 399 but is a substantial upgrade on the D3000.

Ian White
    27 Oct 2011 - 4:41 PM

Thanks Toonman the bit that is buging me is that there is no softwere,and would i be able to find any Nikon softwere that i can download from the net

Thanks,Ian

Toonman
    Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2011 - 4:45 PM

It doesn't come with much software. Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro or even the free program 'The Gimp' will edit the files. The free picture organiser 'Picasa' can do the collating.

Ian White
    27 Oct 2011 - 4:48 PM

Thanks again Toonman i'll have a dig aroud the net then Grin

Ian

cameracat
    cameracat  108574 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2011 - 5:03 PM

Nikon software that is free does a reasonable job to, Its called Nikon ViewNX2, Download from Nikons site the latest version 2.2.1......!!!

That said I'm not so sure the D3000 at 275 quid is such a bargain, When you can buy the newer and much upgraded D3100 for 399 or less, Yes the standard 18-55 VR lens is quite good for a plastic fantastic, But bought as part of a kit offer, You get them for around 50 quid rather than the 150 they sell for seperately.....!!

I would look very carefully at the specs of the D3000 and the D3100, Pay very carefull attention to the " Sensor Type " as this is where the D3100 leaves the D3000 way way behind, Especially in the ISO performance area, Sometimes a few quid more buys you a whole different animal.....!

Wink

darrensmithgbr
    27 Oct 2011 - 5:03 PM

i would not worry about the software, I don't use any cd that comes with hardware (if i need drivers, more up to date ones are always available online but you will not need one for that camera) if you need a program that opens nikon NEF files for free, I would recommend: google picassa

As toonman recommends, its simple, collates your pictures but also and has some basic editing features. the software on the nikon CD will not do more than this anyway

hope this helps

Darren

dianah
    dianah  724471 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 9:24 AM

I have a Nikon D3000. It cost 350 new, a year ago but I wouldn't swap it for anything. Light..easy to use and a superb image. I would say that 275 is a reasonable price if it is in good condition.

Ian White
    29 Oct 2011 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for all your help chaps,i had a word with him last night at work haggled a bit and got it for 250,so i am happy and he gave a couple of 4gb SD cards, now all i have to is find out what all these button's do Wink

Thanks,Ian

LouiseTopp
    29 Oct 2011 - 11:30 AM

Is the D3100 easy to use for someone upgrading from a compact please?

Stillbase
    Stillbase e2 Member 253 forum postsStillbase vcard Wales
    31 Oct 2011 - 12:10 PM

Try the free Nikon ViewNX2 software to download NEF files and carry out some simple editing. You can find it on the Nikon website.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.