Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon D300s Intervalometer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sitan1
    sitan1  6513 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Oct 2012 - 5:23 PM

The Nikon D300s stops at 100 shot's on continuos at 30 seconds each using a hanel cable release and won't continue unless you depress the shutter button on the cable release then repress to start the process again.
    This is really annoying if you are doing star trails where you would probably be shrouded in darkness and don't actually want to touch any part of the camera or cable release until you have finished, especially if you are doing shutter releases into the hundreds.
    Does anyone know if I bought an Intervalometer cable release for my d300s you can go beyond the 100 shutter releases that I am constricted to as clock watching is annoying and not my forte Smile
    Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Oct 2012 - 5:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Oct 2012 - 6:08 PM

Quote: Does anyone know if I bought an Intervalometer cable release for my d300s you can go beyond the 100 shutter releases

Not sure about that, but if you have an iphone or android smartphone this is very good for startrails: Triggertrap

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 6 Oct 2012 - 6:08 PM
    User_Removed
    6 Oct 2012 - 6:23 PM

There is a a Nikon 10-pin adapter for TriggerTrap...

sitan1
    sitan1  6513 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Oct 2012 - 6:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
    I have an android phone with apps but I really need to know if a wired intervaometer will keep the shutter going for as long as I want as I may purchase one if it does, it would also make life a lot easier.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.