Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon D300s Intervalometer

sitan1 6 561 United Kingdom
6 Oct 2012 5:23PM
The Nikon D300s stops at 100 shot's on continuos at 30 seconds each using a hanel cable release and won't continue unless you depress the shutter button on the cable release then repress to start the process again.
This is really annoying if you are doing star trails where you would probably be shrouded in darkness and don't actually want to touch any part of the camera or cable release until you have finished, especially if you are doing shutter releases into the hundreds.
Does anyone know if I bought an Intervalometer cable release for my d300s you can go beyond the 100 shutter releases that I am constricted to as clock watching is annoying and not my forte Smile
Thanks for any help you can give.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
6 Oct 2012 6:08PM

Quote:Does anyone know if I bought an Intervalometer cable release for my d300s you can go beyond the 100 shutter releases

Not sure about that, but if you have an iphone or android smartphone this is very good for startrails: Triggertrap
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
6 Oct 2012 6:23PM
There is a a Nikon 10-pin adapter for TriggerTrap...
sitan1 6 561 United Kingdom
6 Oct 2012 6:27PM
Thanks for the feedback.
I have an android phone with apps but I really need to know if a wired intervaometer will keep the shutter going for as long as I want as I may purchase one if it does, it would also make life a lot easier.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.