Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon D3s

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2010 - 1:17 PM

Anyone know where these are in stock? (Apart from Simply Electronics, who actually probably don't have one and I wouldn't touch with a barge pole if they did).

Have tried all the usual suspects and all have a wating list some of which will not be fulfilled in time for when I want the camera by.

Figured I would start shopping now as I would like a couple of months to get used to the quirks of the camera before heading to Finland in September when the ISO capability will be a real bonus.

Amazon have in stock, but are about 400 more expensive than the photographic stores, and don't want to pay a premium only to find some small independant has one in stock.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 May 2010 - 1:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2010 - 1:36 PM

a couple of places...both about the same price Smile
Grays of Westminster
Jacobs

csurry
25 May 2010 - 1:41 PM

yep, but neither actually have any in stock, thanks anyway.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2010 - 2:29 PM

Have a look here Cheryl.....Smile

Though some of the sites are unclear as to actual stock levels, So I guess its a case of calling the more trustworthy options......Wink

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2010 - 3:04 PM

Tried this site, but also not much hope.Nowinstock.net

ebay has them from HK

Last Modified By cats_123 at 25 May 2010 - 3:07 PM
csurry
25 May 2010 - 4:03 PM

Thanks Vince, had pretty much exhausted the list on CameraPriceBuster Smile That's how I got as far as Amazon.

Thanks Jeff, tried the nowinstock earlier, but it says Jacobs have stock, which they don't they have a waitlist of 20.

I know that many of the waitlists are likely to be the same individuals trying their luck at various stores, but one shop wanted a full deposit against a CC to even put you on the waitlist!

Last Modified By csurry at 25 May 2010 - 4:08 PM
csurry
25 May 2010 - 5:57 PM

Ah well, was hoping someone might have said "my local independant has one in stock", obviously not to be.

Will have to keep looking or be prepared to go on a waitlist somewhere.

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62426 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
25 May 2010 - 7:46 PM

Why not buy a copy of AP for more names to try.
This weeks edition includes SRS, Walters, Park, Mifsud's, Clifton, Digital Depot etc.
At a slightly higher price point come Dale, Ffordes and Jessops.
LCE Bath are Nikon Pro dealers, as are Calumet.

scottishphototours

I'm sure Calumet in Glasgow has these in stock, worth a call...

photofrenzy
25 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

Best bet is JACOBS

csurry
26 May 2010 - 8:10 AM

All calumet stores say phone for stock, so that would suggest they don't have any as they now have online stock check.

And Jacobs is not the best bet as they don't have any Smile Plus customer service in past from Jacobs has not been all that it should have been, so they tend to be lower on my list of preferred companies to deal with.

cats_123
26 May 2010 - 8:20 AM

a few more.....just in case you haven't Smile

says in stock
Devon Camera Centre

says next week
Techstore

says 1 in stock
Simply Electronics

csurry
26 May 2010 - 8:28 AM

Thanks Jeff, but those all link to a D3, not D3s.

cats_123
26 May 2010 - 8:40 AM

Quote: Thanks Jeff, but those all link to a D3, not D3s.

oops! Sad

User_Removed
26 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

I bought my D300 at a time when they were in very short supply in UK. Got it from DigitalRev in Hong Kong. Absolutely superb service and it arrived in two days. Saved a bit on the price as well. (They refunded the duty and VAT I had to pay the postie within 6 hours of me e-mailing a scan of the receipt). They also claim to have UK agents to undertake any necessary warranty repairs (although I have not had to use them).

I wouldn't mind betting that they have D3s in stock for immediate despatch. See Here.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.