Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon D600

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62478 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
26 Nov 2012 - 5:44 PM

Quote: I am keeping my eye on the price of the Nikon D600 daily waiting for a little more price drop,

Until midnight tonight 1,470 with a 2 TB external hard drive at WEX.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Nov 2012 - 5:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LenShepherd
26 Nov 2012 - 7:50 PM

Quote: yesterday I read that the camera has severe dust issues this person tested it taking 500 shots of a white piece of paper and it progressively got worse and he had not changed the lense so it was obvious to be coming from the camera itself.

Was the dust coming from from inside the camera Smile
Every time the mirror lifts it first blows some air forward, some then gets sucked back into the semi vacuum, and the air movements reverse when the mirror falls.
If there was dust on the lens rear element, in the mirror box, or the lens was not airtight it is by no means certain dust was coming from a defect in the camera.
Edit - found the link on dpreview - the lens is a 50mm f1.8D which is neither airtight or has a lens mount gasket.
dpreview found far less dust after 4 weeks use http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d600/12

Last Modified By LenShepherd at 26 Nov 2012 - 7:58 PM
LenShepherd
26 Nov 2012 - 8:20 PM

Quote: Edit - found the link on dpreview - the lens is a 50mm f1.8D which is neither airtight or has a lens mount gasket.
dpreview found far less dust after 4 weeks use http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d600/12

Having looked again at the video the set up illustrates even lighting on the white card subject.
The video shows uneven blotchy lighting on the left hand side of the image.
My money is on this source you trust being a troll video with less than 1 out of 10 for credibility on close examination.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.