Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon D700

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    robert5
    robert5  1379 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Feb 2010 - 8:58 AM

Thinking of trading in a nikon D300 and nikon D200 with drive for the nikon D700 would love a D3 but can not buy at this time so i wemt for the in between nikon D700 . so does any one have a D700 to let me know what they think.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Feb 2010 - 8:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

miptog
    miptog  83532 forum posts United Kingdom61 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2010 - 9:11 AM

Have you got the D700 already, or are thinking of buying it. Confused as you say you went for the D700 and at the same time thinking of trading in for it?

gary.d
    gary.d  12134 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Feb 2010 - 9:12 AM

I have all three and the D700 is head and shoulders above the other two. I regularly shoot at very high ISOs and I generally don't need to worry about noise. I wish it had 100 per cent viewfinder but other than that it's brilliant.

There are rumours of an imminent replacement so that should bring a few more onto the used market and drop prices.

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2010 - 9:52 AM

I've recently switched to a D700 & D200 from a Canon 5D & MkIIn.

I love the Nikon gear, took me a few hours to get used to the D700, i find the ease of use, dynamic range and quality outstanding, really outstanding. I went for an older 18-35 ED lens for ultra wide shots and in truth should have gone for the better 17-35 but just couldn't afford the extra, I hunted around for 3 lens's to replace the equivalent i used on Canon and picked all 3 up for less that 600, one being the 18-35, so in truth it doesn't owe me much, works great shut down.

jk

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123913 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2010 - 10:30 AM

The D700 seems to give more consistent focusing and exposure and AWB isn't bad at all; one warning the D700 is fragile in anything like damp weather; mine got damp and it wasn't covered under guarantee! 600+ for repair.

Last Modified By peterjones at 12 Feb 2010 - 10:34 AM
    LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62460 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    15 Feb 2010 - 12:00 PM

Up to about 800 ISO the D700 (or D3) do not give better sharpness or resolution than your D3 - so do you shoot a lot at high ISO's?
    Trade offs switching from DX are less reach (which can be a plus or minus), less depth of field for the same viewfinder crop, greater cost, and loss of file size if you use DX lenses.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62460 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    15 Feb 2010 - 12:23 PM

[quote]Up to about 800 ISO the D700 (or D3) do not give better sharpness or resolution than your D3 - so do you shoot a lot at high ISO's?
    Sorry - the comparison should be with the D300, not the D3.

DiegoDesigns
    15 Feb 2010 - 2:29 PM

I have kept my D100 (it's not worth anything to anyone) sold my D200 and bought a D700 several months ago. Because I had a large number of Nikkor lenses from the film camera days, it wasn't a problem for me as everything fitted and took advantage of the full frame sensor. I guess it depaends on what gear you've already got. As far as quality is concerned though - fabulous. All the best ~ Dave

bobbrooky
    bobbrooky  5 United Kingdom
    23 Feb 2010 - 9:00 PM

I have a d700 and the picture quality is excellent. When I purchased the camera I registered for the two year warranty. Not worth a carrot, Ive had it 18 months and a pin failed on the CF card connection. This is a manufacturing fault, but nikon uk wont have it. Sent me a bill for 105 to repair. Its a pity that such an excellent camera is produced by such a penny pinchin company!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.