Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon D7000

TonyBrooks 5 67 United Kingdom
20 Jul 2012 8:33AM
Good Morning

Any advice please on the best SD? cards to use with a Nikon D7000 and why the two slots?

Have a good weekend - Forecast is Good

Kind Regards

Tony

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kodachrome 3 530
20 Jul 2012 9:05AM
I use Samsung cards in my D5100 and they are as good as any other brand. 2 slots is for more capacity and the enthuseast can have one subject on one card and another on the other card so the subjects don't get mixed up. You can switch between the 2 if you so wish.
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
20 Jul 2012 9:42AM
I use mainly Sandisk cards with a 45mbs-1 transfer rate on them, you have to be careful if you want to shoot at the higher frame rate because if you get a low transfer rated card, as soon as your buffer fills it your fps will reduce to 1 fps or less with a cheapy slow card. The options with the two card slots are pretty cool you can either have its setup to make 2 copies of every photo (i.e. for backup purpose in the field) or you can have it recording RAW on one card and Jpegs on the other card, or you can have it as an overflow so when one card is full it moves onto the next one! Its a really handy feauture I've found!

With regards to the the cards, Premier Inks seem to do good deals on memory cards, including SanDisk ones!!

Hope this helps you a bit, have a good weekend, fingers crossed for the weather!

Matt
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
20 Jul 2012 11:04AM
As Matt says.
TonyBrooks 5 67 United Kingdom
20 Jul 2012 4:36PM
Thank you Folks for your comments

Enjoy your week end

Tony
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
20 Jul 2012 4:57PM
SanDisk for me too, I have mine set up to use slot 1 first and slot 2 as overflow. Between that and the brilliant battery life I now rarely have to worry about carrying spares.

Have fun.

Ian
20 Jul 2012 10:15PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.