Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon D7000 broken multi-selector issue fixed!

helenog 1 70 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2013 2:39PM
Hello!

I've been using my dad's D7000 for the last few weeks but it's had an issue for a while with the left multi-selector arrow button not working. It's been hugely frustrating, despite setting the back dial to scroll left and right through photos as a workaround. We assumed that the camera must have got wet while being used on a blustery beach earlier in the year and it's been off repair without it being resolved.

I did a bit of hunting on the internet and it seems that other people have had a similar problem. Most of the responses suggested resetting, upgrading firmware or sending it back to the manufacturer; however, I found that one person had got some canned air to the button and succeeded in fixing it.

Not having any canned air, I had a think about what I could use and dug out some dental floss and manicure sticks!! With a little bit of patience and a lot of fiddling, I got out an offending bit of sand and the button now works perfectly! Thankfully it's saved another expensive trip to the repair shop.

Just thought I'd share in case any one else has had similar issues!
Happy Friday!
Helen Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
30 Aug 2013 9:07PM
Nice one Helen and thanks for passing your tip on, I suspect that it could equally apply to any camera make or model.

Always wise to have a look for the simple solution first.....Smile

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.