Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Nikon D7000 off camera flash

9 Dec 2012 5:06PM
Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to get to custom settings (CS) e3, flash control. I am trying to use the built in flash as commander and 2 external speedlites. This works, but each time I want to adjust the output of the speedlites on camera I have to cycle through the menus, or failing that go to each speedlite and adjust in turn

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1 5 1.4k 213 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2012 5:21PM
I'm sure there is a way you can reassign buttons on the camera for functions you regularly use. Not sure without checking the book though, how to do it.

Nick
9 Dec 2012 5:48PM
I can reassign the commander mode to 'my menu', but this only saves a few steps. Don't seem to be able to assign commander mode to a function button or similar
EddieAC Plus
10 718 2 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2012 6:48PM
I tried and there does not seem to be a way to assign it to the function button although, as you say, the "My Menu" route does work. Pressing the menu button and then the rocker button right a couple of times gets you back but is even slower than "My Menu".
KNS 5 106 2 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2012 6:58PM
Can you not assign CS Item you require as the top item in my menu, and then assign the fn button to launch the top item? No time to check the manuals at the moment, but I Seem to remember something along those lines is possible.
9 Dec 2012 7:13PM
Read manual pg 231
EddieAC Plus
10 718 2 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2012 8:31PM

Quote:Can you not assign CS Item you require as the top item in my menu, and then assign the fn button to launch the top item?

Yep!! KNS has got it! Smile
9 Dec 2012 8:49PM
KNS you're a star!!!!!!! Works like a treat - off to try my speedlites.
9 Dec 2012 8:54PM
Happy to help Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.