Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

NIKON D800 Shock

dandeakin 7 207 3 England
2 Feb 2013 4:49PM
This is a Saturday afternoon wind up.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

M22s 3 36 1
2 Feb 2013 4:54PM

Quote:The sensor on the D800 is so large it actually picks up any tiny movements as it records the image. [ You can also check this with Nikon themselves ] .Therefore you can't avoid taking a blurred picture without using a shutter speed at 2-3 times the normal speed.

I think what you may find is Nikon recognise that the increased pixel density of these big sensors highlights deficiencies in people's technique, something many are not prepared to accept. Which may explain the sporadic reporting of said 'fault'.
2 Feb 2013 4:58PM
The op is totally full of it.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Feb 2013 5:13PM

Quote:I think what you may find is Nikon recognise that the increased pixel density of these big sensors highlights deficiencies in people's technique, something many are not prepared to accept. Which may explain the sporadic reporting of said 'fault'.

RIGHT on the money.
2 Feb 2013 5:19PM
Exactly
miptog 9 3.5k 61 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 5:26PM
This Guide by Nikon on technique for the D800/800E is worth reading. Form your own views on how it would differ from previous lower speced Nikon bodies.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 5:58PM
I had the opportunity to try this when it was launched and I found the D800 an amazing camera. Detail was astonishing and the quality of the images I took were outstanding. Why not go back to the shop and ask them if they have a camera you can use for a day to see if it was your camera that had a fault. I have never heard of this problem before.
Stephen
Newdevonian 2 452 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 6:25PM
My D100 is for sale. Smaller sensor and less megapixels, it is bound to give a sharper imageGrin
2 Feb 2013 6:41PM
Sounds like a wind-up to me. I take it the OP means the resolution rather than the sensor size. The only reference point is my old camera vs my new camera. 8mp vs 18mp. Same size sensor yet i could swear my new camera was sharper with the same lenses as my old one! Can't see why the Nikon would be any different.
kodachrome 3 530
2 Feb 2013 6:51PM
Its not April yet is it?
2 Feb 2013 6:56PM
Perhaps the likes of Nikon and Canon should 'dumb-down' future cameras in order for users to think the kit has actually made them better, rather than showing their failings
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
2 Feb 2013 6:58PM

Quote:I was actually shocked about the fundamental problem with this camera. Because the sensor is so huge, you have to shoot at 2-3 times the normal shutter speed in order to avoid getting blurry pictures

Someone`s having a laugh, I shoot street photography in the dark (at night) with an old Olympus trip, 1/40 sec and ISO 400 hand held, images are tack sharp and that sensor is every bit as big, someone needs to change there user name Smile
Graysta 9 1.1k England
2 Feb 2013 8:30PM
I looked at the O.P
skipped through a few comments and noted a few more .
I have this camera and love it along with my D70 D3 D3s . I sold my much loved D700 to get it,at first i had blurry bits ect and before you mention it I use f 2.8 Nikon lenses 24-70 70-200 ed vr2
50mm 1.4 and 16mm fisheye.
Then the thing hit me! it will show me that it is more like the camera i used as a teenager. when i did not want to waste a shot.It showed me all my point and shoot faults developed in the digital if it's crap chuck it age.
If you treat this beasty more like a Hassleblad than a Coolpix you will reap your rewards the images are bl---y awesome, As for the process side of the file size I have a Mac Pro running 24Gb of RAM, it some times needs 20seconds to think but I can wait.
Make no mistake it is not perfect and not a toy to be used by a child.
Graysta 9 1.1k England
2 Feb 2013 8:46PM

Quote:As a professional photographer for the past 15 years I have exclusively used Nikon cameras and equipment. In the past Nikon had an international reputation for producing excellent quality cameras. However for the first time in my career I am seriously considering moving to Canon.

So surely you would have had a chance to try and review for yourself the new Nikon model's as they where released.
pity you have not been a member on e-photozine before now as you would have been able to see the review of the D800 here
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Feb 2013 9:50PM

Quote:Make no mistake it is not perfect and not a toy to be used by a child.

Quote:If you treat this beasty more like a Hassleblad than a Coolpix you will reap your rewards the images are bl---y awesome

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.