Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

NIKON D800 Shock

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

paulcookphotography

I know its personal preference, but i have never found Nikon bodies (or their buttons) to be overcomplicated.

I haven't had a proper play around with a D800/e but if the controls are based on its predecessors then they are (IMO) pretty intuitive. I'd rather have the buttons than having to delve into the menu in a rushed situation, and of course you can always program the functions to suit your needs.

Interesting about the grip though. I always use a grip on my cameras (unless its built in like the D4, obviously) for convenience and (more importantly) for comfort/balance with longer lenses, so that would be a concern for me if i was to replace the D700 which has a slightly too small grip for my liking

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Apr 2013 - 10:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gary.d
gary.d  12134 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 - 10:41 AM

On a few occasions recently, when I have tried to access to the menu, I get an egg-timer symbol symbol that stays for around ten seconds. I would say it has happened four times now. Obviously not good to wait that long when trying to change something quickly but could it be an indication of something wrong? Just wondering if any other users had experienced the same thing?

Gary

mikehit
mikehit  56475 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 10:42 AM

have you tried to access the menu immediately after taking some shots? I am just wondering if it is buffering or something similar

gary.d
gary.d  12134 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 - 5:52 PM

I can confidently say it's not a buffer issue. It has the latest firmware by the way. I don't recall if it exhibited this behaviour before the update, well not around 10 seconds anyway. More like 1-2 seconds.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.