Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon Df

dandeakin 7 207 3 England
9 Nov 2013 12:32PM
I wonder how many enthusiastic gentlefolk with a big collection of old manual focus lenses there are in terms of percentage of potential customers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam 6 4.8k
9 Nov 2013 12:42PM
I'd suggest that that the majority of "professional" Nikon cameras are in amateur hands and I'm very grateful because this means that my working tools are available at a much lower price.

In the late 1960s, a Nikon F Photomic didn't leave much change from 200, or the cost of 2400 pints of beer. Expensive though it might seem. the price of a D4 would now buy a mere 1200 pints.
nickthompson 7 133 England
9 Nov 2013 1:30PM
That's because beer is relatively more expensive that in the '60s. My beer money used to go a lot further back in the '70s than it does now.

Nick
thewilliam 6 4.8k
9 Nov 2013 1:45PM
Housing and food, as well as beer are now considerably more expensive than they were in the 1960s.
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
10 Nov 2013 7:58PM

Quote:Housing and food, as well as beer are now considerably more expensive than they were in the 1960s.

So are women !!! Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.