Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon Df Official Announcement Tonight

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2013 - 9:32 PM

Ok, It looks very nice, But under the Retro looks we have just another DSLR, A good one, But just another DSLR period.

Yes its a tad pricey, But that's the " Bling " factor, Something Leica have been doing for years at way higher prices.

So stop squealing about price and poor old me can't afford one, Just buy a D610 for less than half the price and smile, Be happy in the thought of all that Wonga you saved.

Good on Nikon for bringing out something that looks a bit different, I kinda like the look of older cameras, But like old cars I would not want to use one today, But for bling factor there is nothing finer......Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Nov 2013 - 9:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Nov 2013 - 9:58 PM

I like it. I have a D4 and the Df has the D4 sensor I think so I am pretty confident it will be not only a great looking camera but an amazing performer too. Will I buy one? You bet I will. There's no point in working like a dog if you can't buy yourself something you like but don't need. I'm not rushing out to get one when it's in the shops but I'm sure it will find it's way around my neck at some point.

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2013 - 10:07 PM

Quote: Will I buy one? You bet I will.

Not bad for a first camera....Be nice to see something in your PFTongueWinkTongueWink

779HOB
5 Nov 2013 - 10:11 PM

Quote: Not bad for a first camera.

Don't understand that - I have a couple of cameras.

Quote: Be nice to see something in your PF

Don't feel the need to upload here really, only because it's another job to do and I don't see any real gain in it.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 3:04 AM

Quote: Surprised that my particular "cast" only caught one fish in Ade!!...sorry to disappoint you Ade, but I was only joking

I know that mucker GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin Even I know you couldn't have been serious about wanting 3 of the things Wink

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 3:09 AM

It will be interesting to see if Canon will bring out an AE1 lookalike?.......Then we'd be talking, hell I might even be tempted by that myself........I know I'm a hypocrite TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 7:21 AM

I've still got my AE1. I often hang it round my neck when I go into town...even though it doesn't work any more. I sometimes wear my Canon FP as well if I really want to dress up Wink

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014804 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 7:32 AM

That's what it's all about really, appearance, isn't it? When one ventures out into the great outdoors, one must look the part; whether one's kit works or not is immaterial, isn't it?

maxxie
maxxie  6
6 Nov 2013 - 8:56 AM

No doubt it's a great camera,but it's too expensive,and probably weighs a ton!
The price and complexity of some cameras is just too much,stuffed with technology that takes some understanding,and can be of dubious value,as regards actually improving your photography.
An"entry level" DSLR,used by a reasonably experienced photographer,can produce images just as good,for a fraction of the cost of this new Nikon.
In fact,I read somewhere that comparing A3 prints,taken under identical conditions,by a good quality smartphone,compact,and DSLR,most non-photographers couldn't tell them apart!
It's a sobering thought,when we all scan these comparison sites,after that perfect camera,what's the point,when your average family viewer of your latest masterpiece,can't tell whether it was taken on your phone,or your latest,state of the art , 2000 Nikon!

779HOB
6 Nov 2013 - 10:19 AM

Quote: An"entry level" DSLR,used by a reasonably experienced photographer,can produce images just as good,for a fraction of the cost of this new Nikon.

Until you take it into low light wit no flash or need a fast frame rate.

Geoffphoto
6 Nov 2013 - 11:54 AM

Well as a Nikon user for the last 30 years ( I have a F3,F4,F5,F90, an FM2 and a D2 and 2D3's) I think that it's the canine testicles and I want one NOW !!!!

(too expensive pah !!, you get what you pay for !)

Railcam
Railcam  7477 forum posts Scotland
6 Nov 2013 - 1:20 PM

No doubt it's a great camera,but it's too expensive,and probably weighs a ton!

According to the Nikon advertising, it is the lightest FX DSLR

Geoffphoto
6 Nov 2013 - 2:30 PM

Quote: An"entry level" DSLR,used by a reasonably experienced photographer,can produce images just as good, for a fraction of the cost of this new Nikon.

Agreed, but a Ford Focus will do exactly the same as a Ferrari in traffic, but take one on a racing track............................ !!!!

Anyway, who want to drive a Ford if you can have a Ferrari ????

theorderingone
7 Nov 2013 - 9:53 AM

It's the perfect camera for my needs in terms of spec. I don't really care what it looks like.

Shame it's far too expensive, and not available in the UK without the 50mm lens. I already have two 50mm lenses... I don't need another!

thewilliam
7 Nov 2013 - 10:50 AM

Quote: That's what it's all about really, appearance, isn't it? When one ventures out into the great outdoors, one must look the part; whether one's kit works or not is immaterial, isn't it?

When I was assisting She-who-must-be-obeyed at a wedding, an Uncle Bob took a careful look at the open equipment case and told me that he'd be keeping out of her way. When I asked him to explain, he told me that She-who-must-be-obeyed was obviously a high-end photographer because the kit was top-end.

No doubt it would have been very different if She-who-must-be-obeyed had been wielding a Nikon D40 with a kit lens!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.