Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon EM 35mm Film camera..

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    stephenscott
    9 Nov 2009 - 7:12 PM

Hi folks iam hoping you can help. someone gave me a nikon em 35mm film camera the other day was just wondering has anyone used one on here.. ive never used a film slr before and just wondering if this camera wa any good?? I was also givin a Zenit EM aswell which has to lenses.I make a new topic on tht one though.

steve..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Nov 2009 - 7:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    9 Nov 2009 - 7:22 PM

Oooh! The EM was my first SLR! I got it for my 18th birthday a million years ago and I loved it, until it got nicked in a burglary a few years ago. It was bottom of the range in its time but I used it for over 20 years.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2009 - 7:53 PM

It was a budget model made by Nikon and launched with a few budget lenses called Series E. The lenses, while budget priced ,where excellent. The 100mm series E macro was almost as good optically as it's 105mm Nikkor.
    Nikon kept costs down on the EM by using a less robust casing than was normal for Nikon products, but the exposure system was good. It was too automatic for my liking...quite the reverse of your new fully manual EM.

User_Removed
    9 Nov 2009 - 8:13 PM

I was actually given the Zenit Em as a first camera just before I purchased the Nikon Em.
    As Pete says, a good budget camera.

Gerry.

User_Removed
    9 Nov 2009 - 8:13 PM

Quote: The lenses, while budget priced ,where excellent.

I would second that - I can damned near shave with my 50mm f1.8. And it has a low front-to-back profile -it's almost a 'pancake' lens.

User_Removed
    9 Nov 2009 - 9:30 PM

I had two lenses for mine. The standard 50mm f1.8 (why is it no longer considered a 'kit' lens?!) and a second hand Hoya 200mm. Kept me happy for years. It's all my Dad's fault that I ended up a Nikon lifer. I'd asked for the OM10 as it had a manual adapter. The Nikon EM was aperture priority. Took me another 25 years to use a camera on manual.....ahem.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 9 Nov 2009 - 9:31 PM
    Graflex
    Graflex  11488 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Nov 2009 - 5:33 PM

Steve,Hi.
    I still have one(EM) which I use,don't use the E series lenses though,except one, the series E 36-72mm zoom.Fab results..
    I use the expensive Nikkor from the other manual series.Great Camera works a charm.
    You can get a motor drive with it (2 frames a second).

Will last a lifetime.
    H.

DEL_B
    DEL_B  7 England
    2 Feb 2010 - 4:52 PM

I have an EM complete with E series 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 and 70 -150mm f/3.5 and winder, all in mint condition. Been in the cupboard for yonks but I am experimenting with using it for IR using the Rollei 400IR film and Ilford SFX gel filter. Reckon to use external meter and cable release on 'B' setting. (tripod of course). A pity it hasn't got independant shutter speed control. If I can't make it work will have to pick up a Canon AE1 on the Bay.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.