Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon Full Frame

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    andrewtaylor
    8 Oct 2007 - 9:52 PM

Add a topic!
    Does anyone know if Nikon will introduce anymore full-frame cameras? Followind the D3, I'd love the D300 or furture camera to be full frame.
    I love Nikon and am ready to upgrade to a 'prosumer' camera, but there is a big part of me tempted with the EOS 5D and 17-40 f/4 lens because it is a full frame.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Oct 2007 - 9:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bowley
    Bowley  879 forum posts England
    8 Oct 2007 - 11:50 PM

give them a chance! They've only just released the beasts be many years before the next one. D3 is full frame (ish) though

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2007 - 12:01 AM

I'm slightly confused by your post.....? ? ?

The Nikon D3 is full frame. ( almost precisely as per 35mm film size ).

The D300 is not it's APC sized sensor. Or if you prefer cropped, And this has been released at the same time as the D3.

What you have to look at is the advancements in technical terms that both these cameras offer.

Or are you expecting Nikon to produce a camera somewhere between the D3 & D300, That would be Full frame....BUT cheaper than the D3.......Sad

Why would they do that....Having just launched these 2 new models......Would they not be cutting thier own throats in the D3 market...Sad

IF and it's a big IF they decide to add a new model to the line up in the Full frame arena, My guess ( based on the fact that they now use CMOS sensors ) is that it will be something like a D3X, with more megapixels than the D3.......BUT thats not likely to happen, If at all for some considerable time.

So whats wrong with the D3 and the very tasty 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikon lens then....? Full frame and a Pro Nikon lens........? A tad expensive perhaps.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.