Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon have done it again!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123968 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 3:59 PM

I am not proud of my Nikon cameras, ffs they are merely tools of the trade we require to try to get great images; I am not going to worship them as some great epitome of crass materialism.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2012 - 3:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stubill
Stubill  6107 forum posts England
6 Jan 2012 - 4:11 PM

Quote: Just wondering how long it took for Nikon to get to D4 from previous model (D3s?). and Canon to get to 1Dx from previous model (1Ds MK3?) (OK, I know it is a mix of 1Ds 3 and 1D4)

Nah. I was lucky enough to have a play with a pre-production 1DX a while back, and I don't perceive
it to be be a mix of anything. It's a totally new platform for Canon, not an upgrade to an existing model.
So, it seems they have been busy doing something Wink

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 4:17 PM

Quote: I am not proud of my Nikon cameras, ffs they are merely tools of the trade we require to try to get great images; I am not going to worship them as some great epitome of crass materialism.

Are you sure your a Nikon owner Peter?? Wink

Last Modified By mattw at 6 Jan 2012 - 4:17 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 5:31 PM

Quote: I was lucky enough to have a play with a pre-production 1DX

oooeerr.........Smile lol

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110310 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 6:58 PM

The nice thing about the D4 is that, because its a Nikon, I don't lust after it (but having played with the 1DX - I so want one, if only to hear again the sound of that shutter at 14 frames per second! Grin )

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 7:49 PM

ok, i stand corrected, looks like Canon did wake up now and then....Smile

Stubill
Stubill  6107 forum posts England
6 Jan 2012 - 8:40 PM

Quote: I was lucky enough to have a play with a pre-production 1DX
oooeerr.........Smile lol

Yeah but, the price tag ruined the happy moment for me Tongue

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2012 - 10:30 AM

Ah poor Cole.

Timing wise as I see it:

Canon announced early - got the market excited and then are taking longer to get the stock out to the customers.

Nikon appear to have learnt from previous announcements strategies where they would announce and then fail to deliver on the due date by simply delaying launch until stock is "ready to fulfil" demand.

Of course we still have to see if the cameras actually appear on the 16th Feb!

And there will be shortages (real or created) because that is how the price is kept high for the first six months or so

Different marketing strategies tis all.

Grin

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62489 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nikon and Canon will have new high end pro sports photographer bodies out - 3 months before the Olympics Smile
If Nikon UK follow previous practice registered Nikon Pro Users will be given first delivery priority.
Beyond that can more than 5% of those reading this thread afford either model?

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123968 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 1:02 PM

Lets just say Matt that I have no loyalty to either of the ugly sisters GrinGrin

thewilliam
8 Jan 2012 - 4:25 PM

Quote: Nikon and Canon will have new high end pro sports photographer bodies out - 3 months before the Olympics Smile

This is one pair of cameras that won't be late. Sports snappers will need to prove them and gain that all-important unconcious competence before shooting the Olympics.

elowes
elowes  102832 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 - 5:26 PM

It only matters if you have a pass for the key events.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.