Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon l310

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Smithey1981
    3 Aug 2012 - 8:03 PM

Hi Im a noobie looking for some help. I purchased a l310 two days ago and took it out today and found it was taking dark phototos 80% of the time. I never had this problem with my other camera I'm wondering wether it is faulty and should take it back. Any advice

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Aug 2012 - 8:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rhol2
    rhol2 e2 Member 3282 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Aug 2012 - 8:46 PM

You don't say what settings you're using or what type of pictures you're taking, but your problem sounds like user error. I suggest you work through the instruction manual with the camera to hand..to make sure you're setting it uo correctly.

If there's a P(Program) setting, that should produce reasonable all round results as a starting point.

You might like to have a look at the review of the l310 on this site to see what is capable of..

Smithey1981
    3 Aug 2012 - 9:07 PM

Hi I have tried various modes. But even on auto modes it's the same

rhol2
    rhol2 e2 Member 3282 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Aug 2012 - 9:24 PM

Quote: Hi I have tried various modes. But even on auto modes it's the same

That does seem odd, assuming that you're attempting to take pics in reasonable light.

If you bought it ftom a retail dealer, it might be worth taking it back as you have cosidered and asking them to check it..

Last Modified By rhol2 at 3 Aug 2012 - 9:25 PM
    Smithey1981
    3 Aug 2012 - 10:37 PM

It was brought from Argos so doubt they would know. It was outside with good light so gonna take it back tomorrow and see what they say

rhol2
    3 Aug 2012 - 10:49 PM

Just a thought, it might be worth ensuring that the ISO setting is on Auto, and Exposure compensation is set to zero..

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91031 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Aug 2012 - 10:09 AM

Exposure compensation seems a likely culprit.

Smithey1981
    5 Aug 2012 - 12:32 AM

Just an update got a email back from Nikon and basically said take it back and exchange it as it must be faulty. Sordid that today and all is good so far with this one

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.