Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon launches the D300 & D3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

hobbs
hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2007 - 11:34 AM

Does anyone know were I can get a stick on beard and a pair of sandels?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Sep 2007 - 11:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2007 - 11:58 AM

Can you get some for me too, Nick?

hobbs
12 Sep 2007 - 4:05 PM

Katie are you switching to Nikon as well?

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2007 - 4:08 PM

I'm just easily tempted by the dark side

hobbs
12 Sep 2007 - 5:03 PM

I got assimilated at the Nikon press conference.

Mikul
Mikul  7
12 Sep 2007 - 5:58 PM

Thanks for your help guys, you may be right about Dabs, 4 months is a long time, though a lot of sites are still only taking pre-orders for 1D3's..MK2 is a possible option and that kit looks pretty good.....

I personally would prefer to stick with Canon, particularly for their apparently excellent AF performance, the 1D3 seems that it may be an exception until they get things ironed out.

I'll do lots of pondering, may cancel the 1D3 and wait til the dust settles next year, it's not much cop guessing how good a camera is going to perform at this early stage for both the Nikon and Canon bodies plus Canon I suspect will be looking at the D3 with interest and may bring something out thats quite special to keep their crown.

Thanks again

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2007 - 7:46 PM

Try some of the smaller outlets.

When I got my D2X lots of places were quoting long waiting lists - I went to Mifsuds and got one in launch week.

Mifsuds are now more well known thanks to sites like this, but it is worth phoning round some of the smaller independents that don't have internet sites, or don't rely on them for sales.

Not saying that there is one out there waiting for you, but you may find a shorter waiting time.

Mikul
Mikul  7
12 Sep 2007 - 8:04 PM

Thanks csurry

Not sure what to do at the moment!!!!

geoffw
geoffw  1035 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2007 - 9:33 PM

What is the point of the D3? Is it just to satisfy those who cling to an old 1880s movie film format? 35mm movie film just happened to be freely available when Mr Barnack was experimenting with his small format camera.Nikon did not need to produce another digital format DX was just fine.

samfurlong
12 Sep 2007 - 9:36 PM

Quote: I personally would prefer to stick with Canon, particularly for their apparently excellent AF performance, the 1D3 seems that it may be an exception until they get things ironed out.

I still prefer canon, and the MKIII problems are now sorted, the new firmware sorts it!

fauxtography
12 Sep 2007 - 9:44 PM

Quote: Is it just to satisfy those who cling to an old 1880s movie film format?

not really, just one reason is, the larger the pixels the less noise that there is, so larger sensors allow for larger pixels... and the D3 samples at high iso settings are pretty darn impressive

Last Modified By fauxtography at 12 Sep 2007 - 9:45 PM
Krakman
Krakman  73615 forum posts Scotland
12 Sep 2007 - 10:32 PM

Also I suppose that lens resolution becomes less critical to get the same resolution performance. Which makes it easier to produce lenses with adequate resolving power to a reasonable price, and means that the effect of any imperfection introduced - a smudge of dirt, any slight misalignment of lens elements, any loss in performance potentially caused by lens coatings etc., is going to have less impact on the quality of the final image.

tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2007 - 10:49 PM

i notice the body is the same as all the other nikon releases of recent yrs, just different features and internals, how bloody boring.

somehow 35mm film camera's just had that bit more character about them!

IanA
IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2007 - 8:21 AM

Quote: I notice the body is the same as all the other nikon releases of recent yrs, just different features and internals, how bloody boring.

That's one of the main reasons I will be buying a D300, because it is so similar to my existing D200! You don't have to learn a whole new bunch of button locations and functions! Smile

Ian

hobbs
13 Sep 2007 - 12:00 PM

It's nice to see that Nikon are listening to there customers, the reason it's so similair is because they asked there customers what they wanted and what they felt was important. One of the big things was having the same layout on all there cameras so that it was easy to work with two different models.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.