Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon now have a fan shop

maroondah 11 239 1 Australia
1 Apr 2011 7:38PM
Just received my copy of Nikon Pro magazine and Nikon now have a fan shop for Europe where you can purchase Nikon goodies. GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

www.nikon-fanshop.at

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Picola 4 15 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2011 7:42PM
At those prices, I'll buy the stuff without the brand name Grin
Rip off prices!!!!!!!!!!!!
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
1 Apr 2011 8:01PM

Quote:At those prices, I'll buy the stuff without the brand name Grin

....on eBay....

.....from Hong Kong.

Which, of course, is a serious point. For stuff like remote releases, batteries, filters, etc., the non-branded Chinese stuff is just as good. (and probably made in the same factories).
Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
1 Apr 2011 8:10PM

Quote:
Which, of course, is a serious point. For stuff like remote releases, batteries, filters, etc., the non-branded Chinese stuff is just as good. (and probably made in the same factories).

Was looking for a remote release for my 7D earlier - Canon were charging something around the £40 mark for a simple cable remote with just a shutter button and lock - similar 3rd party would net me timer release and even radio for around that amount. The same from canon costing around the £120! price point.

I know that the profit margin on lenses is not as high as we think and that many companies and shops clean up the profits on accessories, but I do feel that they get rather cheeky with the prices - esp when they are often drumming down on the actual features of what you get.
2 Apr 2011 11:48AM
Some of the products look quite well priced after converting euro prices to UK£ - I have not checked shipping costs.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
2 Apr 2011 12:29PM
Hmm, branded clothing. I've never understood why people are happy to pay for the privilege of being unpaid walking advertisements.

Quote:Hmm, branded clothing. I've never understood why people are happy to pay for the privilege of being unpaid walking advertisements.

True but do you have any camera equipment, car, pair of jeans almost anything that doesn't carry external branding Smile

More than being an advert, I think you'd simply look a complete t**t wearing clothing with a camera brand on it.. good grief... why not just get a t-shirt printed with the word DORK across it - much cheaper Grin
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
2 Apr 2011 8:36PM

Quote:Nikon now have a fan shop for Europe where you can purchase Nikon goodies

Well I can find the anorak , but I can't find the sandals Tongue
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
2 Apr 2011 9:14PM
Have you looked inside the anorak?
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
2 Apr 2011 9:15PM

Quote:Have you looked inside the anorak?

Yup, just another anorak.
filmforever 7 695
4 Apr 2011 3:35PM

Quote:Hmm, branded clothing. I've never understood why people are happy to pay for the privilege of being unpaid walking advertisements.
True but do you have any camera equipment, car, pair of jeans almost anything that doesn't carry external branding Smile

Used to be the habit among us pros to put black tape over the camera pentaprism housing, thus covering up the makers name. It also served as a protection from minor dings.

Quote:Used to be the habit among us pros to put black tape over the camera pentaprism housing, thus covering up the makers name. It also served as a protection from minor dings.

Bloomin' 'eck... that's a while ago. Aren't you confusing that with the black hoods they used to use Grin Grin Grin
snapbandit 10 2.2k 3 Northern Ireland
4 Apr 2011 3:55PM

Quote:"Used to be the habit among us pros to put black tape over the camera pentaprism housing, thus covering up the makers name. It also served as a protection from minor dings."
Bloomin' 'eck... that's a while ago. Aren't you confusing that with the black hoods they used to use Grin Grin Grin

not that long ago!!TongueTongue, I still put tape over my cameras, gives good protection & extra sealing against dust etc at the Motocross/Supermoto meetings!!

Joe B
Cephus 10 2.2k England
5 Apr 2011 11:29AM

Quote:More than being an advert, I think you'd simply look a complete t**t wearing clothing with a camera brand on it.. good grief... why not just get a t-shirt printed with the word DORK across it - much cheaper Grin

Or wear a silly white hat with a logo on it!! Lol Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.