Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon now have a fan shop

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

maroondah
maroondah  11239 forum posts Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 7:38 PM

Just received my copy of Nikon Pro magazine and Nikon now have a fan shop for Europe where you can purchase Nikon goodies. GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

www.nikon-fanshop.at

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Apr 2011 - 7:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Picola
Picola  4 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2011 - 7:42 PM

At those prices, I'll buy the stuff without the brand name Grin

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
1 Apr 2011 - 7:44 PM

Rip off prices!!!!!!!!!!!!

User_Removed
1 Apr 2011 - 8:01 PM

Quote: At those prices, I'll buy the stuff without the brand name Grin

....on eBay....

.....from Hong Kong.

Which, of course, is a serious point. For stuff like remote releases, batteries, filters, etc., the non-branded Chinese stuff is just as good. (and probably made in the same factories).

Overread
Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2011 - 8:10 PM

Quote:
Which, of course, is a serious point. For stuff like remote releases, batteries, filters, etc., the non-branded Chinese stuff is just as good. (and probably made in the same factories).

Was looking for a remote release for my 7D earlier - Canon were charging something around the £40 mark for a simple cable remote with just a shutter button and lock - similar 3rd party would net me timer release and even radio for around that amount. The same from canon costing around the £120! price point.

I know that the profit margin on lenses is not as high as we think and that many companies and shops clean up the profits on accessories, but I do feel that they get rather cheeky with the prices - esp when they are often drumming down on the actual features of what you get.

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62503 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
2 Apr 2011 - 11:48 AM

Some of the products look quite well priced after converting euro prices to UK£ - I have not checked shipping costs.

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hmm, branded clothing. I've never understood why people are happy to pay for the privilege of being unpaid walking advertisements.

BarrieNeilPhotography

Quote: Hmm, branded clothing. I've never understood why people are happy to pay for the privilege of being unpaid walking advertisements.

True but do you have any camera equipment, car, pair of jeans almost anything that doesn't carry external branding Smile

More than being an advert, I think you'd simply look a complete t**t wearing clothing with a camera brand on it.. good grief... why not just get a t-shirt printed with the word DORK across it - much cheaper Grin

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2011 - 8:36 PM

Quote: Nikon now have a fan shop for Europe where you can purchase Nikon goodies

Well I can find the anorak, but I can't find the sandals Tongue

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2011 - 9:14 PM

Have you looked inside the anorak?

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2011 - 9:15 PM

Quote: Have you looked inside the anorak?

Yup, just another anorak.

filmforever
4 Apr 2011 - 3:35 PM

[quote]Hmm, branded clothing. I've never understood why people are happy to pay for the privilege of being unpaid walking advertisements.
True but do you have any camera equipment, car, pair of jeans almost anything that doesn't carry external branding Smile

Used to be the habit among us pros to put black tape over the camera pentaprism housing, thus covering up the makers name. It also served as a protection from minor dings.

BarrieNeilPhotography

Quote: Used to be the habit among us pros to put black tape over the camera pentaprism housing, thus covering up the makers name. It also served as a protection from minor dings.

Bloomin' 'eck... that's a while ago. Aren't you confusing that with the black hoods they used to use Grin Grin Grin

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2011 - 3:55 PM

Quote: "Used to be the habit among us pros to put black tape over the camera pentaprism housing, thus covering up the makers name. It also served as a protection from minor dings."
Bloomin' 'eck... that's a while ago. Aren't you confusing that with the black hoods they used to use Grin Grin Grin

not that long ago!!TongueTongue, I still put tape over my cameras, gives good protection & extra sealing against dust etc at the Motocross/Supermoto meetings!!

Joe B

Cephus
Cephus  92129 forum posts England
5 Apr 2011 - 11:29 AM

Quote: More than being an advert, I think you'd simply look a complete t**t wearing clothing with a camera brand on it.. good grief... why not just get a t-shirt printed with the word DORK across it - much cheaper Grin

Or wear a silly white hat with a logo on it!! Lol Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.