Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nikon related software compatibility with Windows 8

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53591 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2012 - 9:31 AM

NR has this link to Nikon's Windows 8 Compatibility Announcement.

"We plan to test Windows versions of the following software applications for compatibility with Windows 8. We will announce our plans regarding full compatibility once testing is complete.
    - ViewNX 2
    - Capture NX 2
    - Camera Control Pro 2
    - Short Movie Creator
    - Nikon Message Center 2
    - Wireless Transmitter Utility
    - Thumbnail Selector
    - NEF codec
    - NRW codec
    - PC-PJ Transfer
    - nik Color Efex Pro 3.0
    - IPTC Preset Manager
    - GP-N100 Utility

We do not intend to provide compatibility with the following applications.
    - Capture NX Ver. 1.x
    - Camera Control Pro Ver. 1.x
    - Nikon Capture series
    - ViewNX Ver. 1.x
    - Nikon Transfer Ver. 1.x
    - PictureProject
    - Nikon View series
    - Nikon Scan series
    - PictureProject COOLPIX Remote Control
    - WT-3 Setup Utility
    - Wireless Camera Setup Utility
    - Wireless Connecting Utility
    - nik Color Efex Pro 2.0
    - my Picturetown Utility
    - USB driver for GP-1
    - Image Authentication Software

We also do not plan to provide compatibility for other software, or for products utilizing a SCSI or serial connection. "

This might force some people to either upgrade the software listed or delay introducing windows 8.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Nov 2012 - 9:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2012 - 10:13 AM

To late, I tested most of the top list already on Windows 8 Pro ( 64bit ) .....!!!

They all work extremely well, Some seem to work better than they did on Win 7, But that could just be my test machine has a fresh set up, Plus being a custom build it has no bloatware.

That said I have also modified the Windows 8, So called modern GUI, As Microsoft forgot to make it with an option for those who actually use their computers for " Work " ....!!!!!!!!

Plus and this is a big plus, Those using desktop machines with big displays, Lets say 24 inch and 27 inch & 30 inch monitors, Who also, ( Listen up Microsoft...Smile ) Do not have " Touch " screen, Or for that matter want or need 30 inch touch screens, Or tend to get a bit stroppy when people put their creamy dabs all over the screen, Can use their machines as they always have done, In a proper working environment, Just like Windows 7..........Smile Grin Wink

If your one of those seeking the solace of a Windows 7 like GUI, But want to run Windows 8, ( Note I did not type Upgrade ) Check out the link below.

Happiness is a proper desktop environment for a " Workflow " machine.

Come on Nikon, Catch up.....Wink

User_Removed
    20 Nov 2012 - 11:05 AM

Quote:

If your one of those seeking the solace of a Windows 7 like GUI, But want to run Windows 8, ( Note I did not type Upgrade ) Check out the link below.

Happiness is a proper desktop environment for a " Workflow " machine.

Interesting link.

Will it also let me play Maziacs and Hungry Horace if I can find a way of connecting my cassette-player to a USB port?

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111914 forum posts United Kingdom
    20 Nov 2012 - 5:32 PM

Quote: Happiness is a proper desktop environment for a " Workflow " machine.

The old Start Manu increases your workload. For example if you want to load Adobe Photoshop Lightroom from the old start menu you have to
    click START> All Programs>Adobe > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom > Lightroom.

From the new Windows 8 start screen you just type 'lig' then click Lightroom from the list of search results.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014131 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2012 - 6:48 PM

Quote: The old Start Manu increases your workload. For example if you want to load Adobe Photoshop Lightroom from the old start menu you have to

Yup the old start menu was really poor anyway, with Windows 7 I had almost everything I needed pinned to the task bar and everything else I could find using search. I never used the start menu if I could help it.
    Now I have the same thing in Windows 8 plus a massive start menu I can pin all those odd programs to.

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    23 Nov 2012 - 12:10 AM

Quote: Happiness is a proper desktop environment for a " Workflow " machine.
    The old Start Manu increases your workload. For example if you want to load Adobe Photoshop Lightroom from the old start menu you have to

From the new Windows 8 start screen you just type 'lig' then click Lightroom from the list of search results.

win 7 does that too once you bring up start via the button or win key then search. not quite so direct but all there.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.