Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon with 10-pin Remote

J4MIE 7 38 Scotland
7 Sep 2007 3:20PM
I need to buy a spare body, the only use I would really have for it is to set it up on a tripod with a wireless remote. I currently have a Fuji S2 as a backup but it doesn't have a 10-pin remote terminal.

I'm not really familiar with Nikons other than recently getting a D200, but don't want to be getting another one for it to sit in my bag most of the time.

So it has to be Nikon (got plenty of lenses and stuff so no sense in getting anything else) and it has to have a 10-pin remote terminal.

Any ideas?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry 12 9.2k 92
7 Sep 2007 3:29PM
What terminal does the S2 have - I thought there was a nikon 3 to 10 pin convertor. So if the S2 has the Nikon 3-pin you should be able to find a cheap solution.

Other than that the old D100 did, so should be quite cheap 2nd hand.
User_Removed 10 3.3k Russian Federation
7 Sep 2007 3:34PM
2nd for the D100 with battery grip.
miptog 9 3.5k 61 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2007 3:50PM
If the budget allows, a second D200, either refurbished or new. 100% compatibility, and options to grow into using 2 cameras at the same time. Mike
J4MIE 7 38 Scotland
12 Sep 2007 1:30PM
The S2 doesn't have a terminal, it has a threaded shutter release button. Shame really, I've had it quite a while and very happy with it.

Will look out for a cheap D100, thanks for the advice.
User_Removed 10 3.3k Russian Federation
12 Sep 2007 1:37PM

Quote:Will look out for a cheap D100, thanks for the advice.

Don't forget that you have to have the MB-D100 battery grip for it too - it's the grip that has the terminal, not the body itself...
rocky41 10 168 England
12 Sep 2007 2:10PM
I know im a bit thick and haven't a clue what your on about but if you want a cheap remote, go to poundland and buy keyring size tv remote they are tuneable it works on d40.
Busseauboy 7 159 France
12 Sep 2007 2:45PM
The D100 has a threaded shutter release button like the S2, Jamie says, so why not use it with the existing remote cord?

**** M.
J4MIE 7 38 Scotland
13 Sep 2007 5:11AM

Quote:Quote:Will look out for a cheap D100, thanks for the advice.Don't forget that you have to have the MB-D100 battery grip for it too - it's the grip that has the terminal, not the body itself...

Ah right!! Thanks.

Quote:The D100 has a threaded shutter release button like the S2, Jamie says, so why not use it with the existing remote cord?

I will be setting up the camera on the other side of a road, taking photos of cars as they pass. Hence the need for wireless remote (and cheap as poss in case it gets run over!!).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.