Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nissin Di622 mk1 and Canon 60D remotely?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MiqsPix
    MiqsPix  341 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Oct 2012 - 12:41 PM

I know the Nissin Di622 mk1 will work with a NON ETTL set up with the Canon 60d by using the pop up pulse to fire it, but is it not possible to use this speedlite remotely as a slave using the full ETTL set up on the 60d? The 60d menu asks for a flash channel number which I don't know so I guess it might be obsolete hence the intro of the mk2. Anyone else had this problem?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Oct 2012 - 12:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    28 Oct 2012 - 3:22 PM

As far as I'm aware only the MkII works wirelessly with Canon ETTL - I have that model and it works OK with my 7D wirelessly using ETTL. I have just bought a Hahnel Combi TF radio trigger with two receivers for less than 90.00 as I have just started to do some home studio work. You have to put the flash on Manual and I've found the 622 works better at -1.5 stops of power. The camera should be set to manual as well and the advantage over ETTL which is infrared, the Hahnel are radio controlled and don't have to be in line of site of the transmitter like the ST-E2. You can also remotely fire the camera by swapping the receiver and transmitter around.

MiqsPix
    29 Oct 2012 - 2:51 PM

Thanks for the reply. I guess you mean that to get ETTL on your 7D with the Di622 MK11, the flash has to be kept in the line of sight of the camera, even as a slave. I now realise that the only way to achieve real remote flash is to use a radio trigger, consequently everything is done by manual input. I misunderstood the principle that ETTL is available on all remote flash exposures which it is not the case .... I think! Can you give me a link to the Hahnel Combi TF radio trigger with two receivers that you bought please?

MiqsPix
    29 Oct 2012 - 3:34 PM

Also as an addendum does your Di622 Mk11 give a multi burst of flash when using your fast frame rate on your 7D?

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53535 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2012 - 3:37 PM

I thought that the 60D could communicate (optical) wirelessly with other eTTL units, i thought that channels are still applicable for optical wireless as you can have groups of flashguns and each needs independent control. Even though you are limited to line of sight.

MiqsPix
    30 Oct 2012 - 3:31 PM

Yes the Di622 can communicate with the 60D wirelessly but only on a manual basis. That is if you use it as a remote flash it relies on the flash pulse of the 60D to operate so you set the exposure accordingly. It can only operate ETTL mode when fixed to the camera's hot shoe.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.