Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nissin Macro ring flash

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    nikonphotographer

I've been looking to get a ring flash, the Nikon version is just a little too rich for me, so I've been looking at one's made by Sigma, Sunpak, but I've just found one made my Nissin, has anyone got any comments on Nissin, I've seen them advertised in the AP and other magazines, but I don't know if there a quality product, any feedback on these would be very helpful .....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Nov 2013 - 6:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell
    6 Nov 2013 - 6:29 PM

Is it for macro??

nikonphotographer

Yes, nothing too close, mainly butterflies and flowers

NikonNovice
    6 Nov 2013 - 6:43 PM

At first i thought you were talking about carsGrin. Try googling diy ring flash or even utube.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122198 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2013 - 6:57 PM

I have the Nissin Di622 MarkII flash gun and in my view it is a decent piece of kit. Quite well built so I would imagine their ring flash will be equally solid.

nikonphotographer

Quote: I have the Nissin Di622 MarkII flash gun and in my view it is a decent piece of kit. Quite well built so I would imagine their ring flash will be equally solid.

Thank you, that's the main thing I needed to know, what the build quality was like ......

Last Modified By nikonphotographer at 6 Nov 2013 - 7:04 PM
    oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3766 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Nov 2013 - 7:08 PM

I, too, have a Nissin Di622 and have found it reliable and well made, even if the manual (large piece of paper) isn't brilliant. The UK distributors for Nissin, Kenro, are brilliant: a free firmware upgrade was done by them in double-quick time and they didn't even charge for return postage. What's more, my unit was out of warranty by then.

nikonphotographer

Thanks for the comments, I've just ordered one from SRS Microsystems in Luton, I've used them before, and they've always given me good service in the past, 249.00 delivered, I'm off to Butterfly world in Swindon next week, so that will give me chance to try it out .....

Last Modified By nikonphotographer at 6 Nov 2013 - 7:59 PM
    Lawson
    Lawson  2 England
    6 Nov 2013 - 10:48 PM

The Nissin MF18 ring flash is a great bit of kit at a reasonable price with loads of functions.
    Go for it I am sure you will be pleased. It works well on my Nikon D 610 and the D300s before

Lawson,

Last Modified By Lawson at 6 Nov 2013 - 10:51 PM
    nikonphotographer

It arrived yesterday morning, after downloading the instruction from the Nissin website gave it a try in my D90, very impressive piece of kit, I'm looking to using it in anger very soon, thanks for all the comments which made my mind up on getting this ring flash ......

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.