Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

NJB Studio - your comments appreciated!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    RokGeetar
    RokGeetar  6202 forum posts England
    10 Feb 2009 - 10:48 AM

Hello

Firstly, I am a strictly amateur photographer, just a beginner really. I've been trying to get a website together for a while, and I would like to get some comments on my latest attempt.

njbstudio.com

I use photium.com as my host which I can't recommend highly enough - easy to use, customise and maintain, and Will, the support guy, is top notch and very quick at doing any tweaks you ask for.

I'm trying to build up a portfolio and I realise that many (all?) of the photos on the site are sub-par, and as I get better I will replace most of them. I would very much like your thoughts on the website layout rather than the quality of my photos!

Many thanks
    Neil

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Feb 2009 - 10:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Angi_Wallace
    Angi_Wallace e2 Member 6172 forum postsAngi_Wallace vcard United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2009 - 8:34 PM

The layout is nice and navigation easy, a great start.

RokGeetar
    12 Feb 2009 - 12:24 PM

Thanks Z, appreciated

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 12:41 PM

What would be really good is if you could get some of your photos as backgrounds (or even a slideshow) to your music. Smile

Ian

Richsr
    Richsr e2 Member 790 forum postsRichsr vcard England207 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 1:05 PM

Looks a good start however would suggest a colour picture on the front page to lift it a bit as it all looks a bit grey - good suggestion from Ian too.
    regards Richard.

RokGeetar
    12 Feb 2009 - 1:49 PM

Thanks guys
    Hmm, too grey! I seem to get stuck in a 'theme' rut a bit too often! Now you mention it a bit of colour wouldn't go amiss!

maggie9
    maggie9  545 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 2:14 PM

really enjoyed my visit! very proffessional and slick, i really liked the homepage header ....all the best to you Smile

RokGeetar
    12 Feb 2009 - 3:46 PM

Thank you very much Maggie! Smile

PWhittle
    PWhittle  7176 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Feb 2009 - 10:12 AM

personally not too keen on red text, and really when putting a website together people should (though very rarely do) consider accessibility standards - ie letting those with less than perfect vision read your site (not always easy for a photo-based site!)

There's also a lot of info on the front page. This is good for Google, but if you research web design (and design in general for that matter), people really don't stop to read text. Impatient people like me will have a quick scan, and if they can't quickly find what they want, they'll hit the Back button. If you use Google analytics, you can see how long people spend on your site - which can be quite shocking!

I think front pages should be easy to read intros and summaries - tell the viewer what the site is, and let them find info they may want to see.
    Detail can then be added to the pages they have chosen due their relevance.

Just my thoughts - though I have put a lot of time money and effort into researching this to improve my own site.

Last Modified By PWhittle at 13 Feb 2009 - 10:13 AM
    RokGeetar
    14 Feb 2009 - 8:12 AM

Thanks for your feedback Paul

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.