Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

No dslr allowed

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2010 3:10PM
I think you're getting Kuwait mixed up with Dubai Vince??

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

miked70 e2
5 225 3 South Africa
25 Nov 2010 3:10PM
i have just the cure now this should give them something to think about
dslr stands for Digital single lens reflex
so if i arrive with my nikon f5 i will be fine 'cos it is not Digital
or any medium/large format as long as no digital
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
25 Nov 2010 3:18PM
Does this mean the man with a camera in the back of his head won't be allowed in?
forum topic
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
25 Nov 2010 6:06PM
In practice I suspect anyone with a "big camera" of whatever sort will be in breach of the rules.
KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2010 6:11PM
We expect visitors to this country to respect our rules and laws so I have no problem with this personally, like was said earlier, just wished it worked both ways
fauxtography e2
9 6.6k 36
25 Nov 2010 10:27PM

Quote:Or if you have the money, a digital medium formt

errr that's still a DSLR, bigger recording area but they're all DSLRs
User_Removed 5 1.4k England
25 Nov 2010 11:14PM
Yes because in 2010 all terrorists use DSLR's. Duh.
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2010 11:33PM

Quote:What I sadly discovered is that most of the Kuwaiti public actually welcome the ban.
funny thing is, 80% of the Kuwaiti public are foreigners
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
26 Nov 2010 12:54AM
Perhaps the whole world is against DSLRs.

I think I'll get rid of mine! Grin
26 Nov 2010 6:35PM
quote]Perhaps the whole world is against DSLRs.

I think I'll get rid of mine! Grin
Smile

Well, how about a Fuji Finepix x100, then, CB?[
Eastlands e2
4 687 3 Northern Ireland
26 Nov 2010 6:56PM
You don't have to go overseas to experience a ban on DSLR and SLR cameras, it is getting more and more difficult to practice our hobby in public areas in our own country.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
27 Nov 2010 1:42PM

Quote:Well, how about a Fuji Finepix x100, then, CB

I tried the Fuji HS10............. and sent it back! Grin The Panasonic TZ10, however, goes everywhere with me (and does HD video too).

I do get commissioned (very occasionally!) for some events and is probably my only reason for hanging on to the DSLR. Even then it is mainly used for video.

I have sold off most of the SLR lenses: down from five to one, now. But I am planning to add a fast portrait lens..... that's if I don't get rid of the whole lot of DSLR equipment!

Interestingly, I have been booked - for video - for an event next April. It is one where the 12-minute clip limit on the Canon 5D II could be a nuisance - and the 30-minute limit on the Panny TZ10 would make it a better choice... but not from a quality point of view! But perhaps getting rid of all my DSLR stuff and buying a top of the range (consumer-level) camcorder with the money would be the best option of all. Decisions, decisions! Smile
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2010 9:13PM
Anyone else noticed that the dSLR ban has not in fact been put in place. either it was another made up story or a quick change of position. I think I will file it next to stories about banning Christmas in the UK myself.

Read it yourself.

Quote:On Saturday, November 20, 2010 the Kuwait Times published an article titled 'Multi ministry camera ban frustrates artists' in which incorrect information was provided. The newspaper regrets failing to verify the information. The article wrongly stated that a ban on DSLR cameras was implemented by the Ministries of Information, Social Affairs and Finance. This information is false. In a follow up investigation, it was proved that no such ban has been issued. We regret this error and deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused.
28 Nov 2010 1:57PM
They have the same ban in North Korea...and I wouldn't want to go there either.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
28 Nov 2010 4:01PM
According to BBC TV this morning ("Click" on BBC News-24) the ban has been introduced.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.