Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

No dslr allowed

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012520 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2010 - 3:10 PM

I think you're getting Kuwait mixed up with Dubai Vince??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

miked70
miked70  5225 forum posts South Africa3 Constructive Critique Points

i have just the cure now this should give them something to think about
dslr stands for Digital single lens reflex
so if i arrive with my nikon f5 i will be fine 'cos it is not Digital
or any medium/large format as long as no digital

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2010 - 3:18 PM

Does this mean the man with a camera in the back of his head won't be allowed in?
forum topic

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2010 - 6:06 PM

In practice I suspect anyone with a "big camera" of whatever sort will be in breach of the rules.

KevSB
KevSB  101404 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2010 - 6:11 PM

We expect visitors to this country to respect our rules and laws so I have no problem with this personally, like was said earlier, just wished it worked both ways

fauxtography
25 Nov 2010 - 10:27 PM

Quote: Or if you have the money, a digital medium formt

errr that's still a DSLR, bigger recording area but they're all DSLRs

User_Removed
25 Nov 2010 - 11:14 PM

Yes because in 2010 all terrorists use DSLR's. Duh.

keith selmes
25 Nov 2010 - 11:33 PM

Quote: What I sadly discovered is that most of the Kuwaiti public actually welcome the ban.

funny thing is, 80% of the Kuwaiti public are foreigners

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2010 - 12:54 AM

Perhaps the whole world is against DSLRs.

I think I'll get rid of mine! Grin

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2010 - 6:35 PM

quote]Perhaps the whole world is against DSLRs.

I think I'll get rid of mine! Grin
[/quote] Smile

Well, how about a Fuji Finepix x100, then, CB?[

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3648 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2010 - 6:56 PM

You don't have to go overseas to experience a ban on DSLR and SLR cameras, it is getting more and more difficult to practice our hobby in public areas in our own country.

Carabosse
27 Nov 2010 - 1:42 PM

Quote: Well, how about a Fuji Finepix x100, then, CB

I tried the Fuji HS10............. and sent it back! Grin The Panasonic TZ10, however, goes everywhere with me (and does HD video too).

I do get commissioned (very occasionally!) for some events and is probably my only reason for hanging on to the DSLR. Even then it is mainly used for video.

I have sold off most of the SLR lenses: down from five to one, now. But I am planning to add a fast portrait lens..... that's if I don't get rid of the whole lot of DSLR equipment!

Interestingly, I have been booked - for video - for an event next April. It is one where the 12-minute clip limit on the Canon 5D II could be a nuisance - and the 30-minute limit on the Panny TZ10 would make it a better choice... but not from a quality point of view! But perhaps getting rid of all my DSLR stuff and buying a top of the range (consumer-level) camcorder with the money would be the best option of all. Decisions, decisions! Smile

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
27 Nov 2010 - 9:13 PM

Anyone else noticed that the dSLR ban has not in fact been put in place. either it was another made up story or a quick change of position. I think I will file it next to stories about banning Christmas in the UK myself.

Read it yourself.

Quote: On Saturday, November 20, 2010 the Kuwait Times published an article titled 'Multi ministry camera ban frustrates artists' in which incorrect information was provided. The newspaper regrets failing to verify the information. The article wrongly stated that a ban on DSLR cameras was implemented by the Ministries of Information, Social Affairs and Finance. This information is false. In a follow up investigation, it was proved that no such ban has been issued. We regret this error and deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused.

filmforever
28 Nov 2010 - 1:57 PM

They have the same ban in North Korea...and I wouldn't want to go there either.

User_Removed
28 Nov 2010 - 4:01 PM

According to BBC TV this morning ("Click" on BBC News-24) the ban has been introduced.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.