Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

No dslr allowed

Hugo 9 640 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2010 12:08PM

Quote:Quote]Perhaps the whole world is against DSLRs.

I think I'll get rid of mine! Grin

Smile

Well, how about a Fuji Finepix x100, then, CB?[

Ahhhhhhh still waiting here! No real on street pricing/availability yet. Me thinks it will cost far more than my DSLR though Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 Nov 2010 1:40PM
In case you missed it....
The story is false - despite being widely reported......
http://www.petapixel.com/2010/11/29/kuwait-dslr-ban-turns-out-to-be-false-photogs-breathe-sigh-of-relief/#more-19160
cats_123 e2
10 4.0k 25 Northern Ireland
29 Nov 2010 1:48PM
29 Nov 2010 5:46PM

Quote:Well, how about a Fuji Finepix x100, then, CB?[

Ahhhhhhh still waiting here! No real on street pricing/availability yet. Me thinks it will cost far more than my DSLR though

I found two prices on the net:

1) 1000
2) 1p

I have seen the latter price before, it generally means that the dealer hasn't got a price yet for the article.

Way beyond me, though I like the look and spec for it.
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
29 Nov 2010 6:11PM
Park Cameras and Clifton Cameras have the Fuji X100 at 999 for pre-order. It is a traditional-looking camera for sure, but it is not due for launch until Spring 2011, as I understand it.

The fixed lens of 35mm (FF equiv) will limit its appeal though.
Hugo 9 640 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2010 6:16PM

Quote:

I found two prices on the net:

1) 1000
2) 1p

I have seen the latter price before, it generally means that the dealer hasn't got a price yet for the article.

Way beyond me, though I like the look and spec for it.

Likewise - all i found was the 999 mark and dealers taking a deposit as a reservation but without any real info. Like you said I think they made the 999 up.
Sadly there is a large gap in the market for a 'proper' compact for DSLR users etc, and that gap, combined with the fact that there is no real competition yet, and the relative wealth of photographers means it's sure to cost a lot Sad

Still 2 years time or so the X101 will be out and thus lots of cheap unloved x100's on eBay etc. Start saving now Jas!
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
29 Nov 2010 7:12PM

Quote:lots of cheap unloved x100's on eBay

I doubt there'll be 'lots'. It's very much a niche camera and few will be bought in the first place. Lack of any sort of zoom lens, or ability to change lenses, will keep sales low.

Best regarded as a bit of nostalgia. Wink
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2010 9:15PM
depends how good it really is.
if it has a top class lens and decent firmware, it will still probably be niche market, but it will be a user rather than a nostalgis item.
Like the old Konica Hexar AF - unusual and idiosyncratic, but still highly regarded

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.