Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

no fruit no salad

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

youmightlikethis
youmightlikethis e2 Member 121015 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
1 Sep 2014 - 6:22 PM

is it possible to eat healthy or even diet without touching any fruit or salad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Sep 2014 - 6:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 882 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 - 6:27 PM

When you say salad, do you mean all veg?

At times in the winter I've had no salad stuff and very little fruit. Have still had plenty of other veg. I don't think it would be impossible.

Dieting is about will-power as much as anything. You could starve yourself and lose weight but unhealthy thing to do.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 6:28 PM

I used to work with a young guy who never ate any fruit or veg. He was thin and a bit greasy, but the worst thing was that his teeth were dreadful and he had to spend shedloads of money to get them fixed. He was only 21. I wouldn't like to go without and feel bloated and uncomfortable if I eat lots of wrong things, although I don't like many fruits. But I couldn't live without veg, any kind. I love them.
x

youmightlikethis
youmightlikethis e2 Member 121015 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
1 Sep 2014 - 6:30 PM

all veg all fruit just don't like em

mikehit
mikehit  56463 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 6:32 PM

Yes it is possible if you are eating enough veg to compensate.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 7:04 PM

Yes its easily possible to live without fruit and veg.

So many other food stuffs have added vitamins and nutrients these days.

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 882 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 - 9:39 PM

As a kid I preferred the artificial flavour of things like Fruit Pastilles. Now I find that mixing things like peaches, chopped apple or satsumas with natural greek style yoghurt gives me something tastier than any of the yoghurts in the shops. Don't need any extra sweeteners as the fruit is enough. Youmightlikethat Smile

Youmightlikethis, there must be one fruit you like? Bananas? Grapes? Peaches? Watermelon? Cherries?

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 9:48 PM

For an alternative tasty cheese sarnie lob in a few chopped grapes Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014140 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 9:52 PM

I never used to eat any fruit or veg, till I was 26 and met my wife. She insisted on adding plants to all sorts of meals, wheras I am a firm believer that "plants are what food eats".

Since I have added plants to my diet I have put on weight, had Gout, high blood pressure and poor circulation. It could of course just be getting older that has made me ill but I think its much more likely that fruit & vegetables are the likely culprits.

Quote: there must be one fruit you like? Bananas? Grapes? Peaches? Watermelon? Cherries?

That's the sort of thing fruit-pushers always say, nope all fruit is nasty cold and wet the whole experience is like chewing on a zit.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 1 Sep 2014 - 9:57 PM
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023034 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 10:04 PM

Quote: That's the sort of thing fruit-pushers always say, nope all fruit is nasty cold and wet the whole experience is like chewing on a zit.

Lowers orange to make way for plume of vomit...............with carrot bits.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72273 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 10:07 PM

Fruit and Veg are where all the vitamins and minerals are, that are needed to effectively metabolise the carbs, protein and fat that you eat.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014140 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 10:20 PM

After years of nagging from the currnet Mrs Lobster I finally gave in and started to eat an apple. Half way through I looked at what I was eating and there looking me on the face was a sodding wasp!

I calmly pointed out to Mrs Lobby that in all the cake I have eaten, not one bit has had an ingredient that winks at me when I eat it.
She has agreed to never ask me to eat fruit again... Smile

llareggub
llareggub  4698 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 - 10:24 PM

As far as I am concerned dieting is an activity undertaken by fools, eat well and varied and keep on doing it and you should be fine.... Jumping from one diet to another will never do you any good!

Coast
Coast Critique Team 61109 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom292 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 10:43 PM

Eating a varied diet with a mix of Proteins, Carbohydrates and fats and particularly watching sugar and salt intake is about the best thing to do. Diets to lose weight almost always don't work other than temporarily. Too much fruit is as bad as eating biscuits but Veg is good. White meat and fish over red meats but a little red meat is good too.

Drink plenty of water too. Most people don't drink enough water.

I have a colleague who avoids wheat products believing the body cannot cope with processing them. He eats a high protein diet with lots of meat and fish and veg. He appears to be in good condition and not over or under weight.

Conversely I have a colleague who pretty much lives on meat alone. No fish. Hates veg (apart from chips) and won't eat anything that is green and looks like a leaf. Believes Beer and particularly real ales are the best source of carbs to balance his high meat protein diet. He's knocking on 60 and tells me he has been on this diet for as long as he can remember. Never smoked and doesn't eat a lot of sweet things. He is overweight by quite some kilos but also doesn't exercise. Never played sports. His mantra is enjoy what you like as life is too short to miss out in the good things.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023034 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 11:11 PM

Is anything more balanced than a ham and pineapple pizza?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.