Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

no fruit no salad

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2014 12:57PM

Quote:Is it possible to eat healthy or even diet without touching any fruit or salad

The people in the ISS probably don't have fresh produce - though the dried food is probably not that appetising.

To eat healthy seems to be just eat eat less in many situations - that's my undoing, i love eating with its textures and flavours Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
3 Sep 2014 5:59PM

Quote:Beans on toast and left over baby Brussels sprouts.Grin

Incidentally, did you know that Brussels sprouts are really cabbage with the taxes removed?

Well, it's a start, she said, as she opened her second bottle of diet Pepsi.

I don`t know about left over sprouts and baked beans but growing up as kids we were quite accustomed to bubble and squeak made from left overs, it was mainly mashed potato and cabbage mixed together then fried.

http://britishfood.about.com/od/easybritishrecipes/r/bubblesqueak.htm
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
3 Sep 2014 6:04PM
Don't know if you've seen the TV program "The Two Fat Ladies," Paul, but I remember watching them make that dish.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
3 Sep 2014 6:16PM
We have bubble and squeak regularly. Leftover greens, potato, seasoning, all topped off with a fried egg. Lovely. One of my favourites.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
3 Sep 2014 6:44PM

Quote:We have bubble and squeak regularly. Leftover greens, potato, seasoning, all topped off with a fried egg. Lovely. One of my favourites.

Luvly jubbly. I often cook extra potatoes and greens just for this very purpose.Smile
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2014 6:56PM

Quote:We have bubble and squeak regularly. Leftover greens, potato, seasoning, all topped off with a fried egg. Lovely. One of my favourites.

The only thing missing to make it food of the gods is some chopped up, crisply fried, smoked bacon - makes me hungry just thinking about it (and I've just had my dins Grin )
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
3 Sep 2014 7:47PM
One of my old favorites was ice cream with a squirt of fresh lemon or lime with a little of the zest grated on top as well.

The kids loved it too, ours had always been pretty fussy when it came to fresh fruit, but they would never say no to some of my ice cream Smile
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
3 Sep 2014 7:56PM
Right, I'm off to drink 3 of my 5
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
3 Sep 2014 11:04PM

We have that, minus the egg, made with leftovers from a corned beef dinner, with the leftover corned beef diced up small, and we call it hash.Smile Ingredients: Cabbage, turnip (rutabaga), carrots, parsnip, and potatoes.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
4 Sep 2014 8:00AM

Quote:We have that, minus the egg, made with leftovers from a corned beef dinner, with the leftover corned beef diced up small, and we call it hash. Ingredients: Cabbage, turnip (rutabaga), carrots, parsnip, and potatoes.
That sounds seriously good. Will try it. But I still like the egg. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.