Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

no fruit no salad

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53629 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 12:57 PM

Quote: Is it possible to eat healthy or even diet without touching any fruit or salad

The people in the ISS probably don't have fresh produce - though the dried food is probably not that appetising.

To eat healthy seems to be just eat eat less in many situations - that's my undoing, i love eating with its textures and flavours Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Sep 2014 - 12:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 5:59 PM

Quote: Beans on toast and left over baby Brussels sprouts.Grin

Incidentally, did you know that Brussels sprouts are really cabbage with the taxes removed?

Well, it's a start, she said, as she opened her second bottle of diet Pepsi.

I don`t know about left over sprouts and baked beans but growing up as kids we were quite accustomed to bubble and squeak made from left overs, it was mainly mashed potato and cabbage mixed together then fried.

http://britishfood.about.com/od/easybritishrecipes/r/bubblesqueak.htm

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 6:04 PM

Don't know if you've seen the TV program "The Two Fat Ladies," Paul, but I remember watching them make that dish.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64440 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 6:16 PM

We have bubble and squeak regularly. Leftover greens, potato, seasoning, all topped off with a fried egg. Lovely. One of my favourites.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43928 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 6:44 PM

Quote: We have bubble and squeak regularly. Leftover greens, potato, seasoning, all topped off with a fried egg. Lovely. One of my favourites.

Luvly jubbly. I often cook extra potatoes and greens just for this very purpose.Smile

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110290 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 6:56 PM

Quote: We have bubble and squeak regularly. Leftover greens, potato, seasoning, all topped off with a fried egg. Lovely. One of my favourites.

The only thing missing to make it food of the gods is some chopped up, crisply fried, smoked bacon - makes me hungry just thinking about it (and I've just had my dins Grin )

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 7:47 PM

One of my old favorites was ice cream with a squirt of fresh lemon or lime with a little of the zest grated on top as well.

The kids loved it too, ours had always been pretty fussy when it came to fresh fruit, but they would never say no to some of my ice cream Smile

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315590 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Sep 2014 - 7:56 PM

Right, I'm off to drink 3 of my 5

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2014 - 11:04 PM

We have that, minus the egg, made with leftovers from a corned beef dinner, with the leftover corned beef diced up small, and we call it hash.Smile Ingredients: Cabbage, turnip (rutabaga), carrots, parsnip, and potatoes.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64440 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
4 Sep 2014 - 8:00 AM

Quote: We have that, minus the egg, made with leftovers from a corned beef dinner, with the leftover corned beef diced up small, and we call it hash. Ingredients: Cabbage, turnip (rutabaga), carrots, parsnip, and potatoes.

That sounds seriously good. Will try it. But I still like the egg. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.