Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

No satisfaction

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: enough said
ringyneck
ringyneck  7304 forum posts United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

I have been dealing with this through the report system and feel it has not been resolved to my satisfaction...SORRY.

I made this comment on a pic in the gallery on saturday .....
Quote...:Good capture...I DID NOT KNOW THEY CAME OUT AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!
It's exposed SO far to the left ...a simple slide should sort it.IMHO.
Keith

BUT it seemed to upset a certain member who I would normally not name but in this case it was forestphotos who came in with..........

Quote:..What are you talking about? this is an absolute stunning shot! Looking at your portfolio you could take a leaf out of his book. Absolute belting shot Luke, keep up the good work.

It was only after I found out that this is the posters Dad...so their was a certain reason to get involved...BUT....I thought it was not on to take the P*** out of me especially as the poster took my advice and them others said they preferred the mod and that I was in fact correct in my summing up of the upload.

Pete seemed to think the "abuse" was not so bad but as it was out in the public domain I feel he is wrong.

If my posting of this thread breaks rules or is bad form then so be it and I will take the punishment.

Thanks for looking.

Keith

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

I understand the EPZ helicopter, with the full team of moderators on board, is heading towards Birmingham, Keith! Grin

The 'abuser' should perhaps have declared an interest?

ringyneck
25 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

It was probably them in the Chinook that went right over me as
the kingfisher showed up after 3 hours.

Keith

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

Having taken a look at the photo concerned, it seem to me you have unwittingly created waves with the notorious EPZ Small Bird Clique.

Be afraid - be very afraid! Lol! Wink

ringyneck
25 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

AFRAID...never..I will be shaking in front of train spotters next.

If some put their shots on certain other sites they would have their eyes opened...they examine every pixel for quality and positioning.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
25 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

As I said you started the thing by posting in capitals which is classed as shouting and seen as quite rude on the internet. So whether you thought it a joke or not it didn't come across as that. Constructive critique is helpful shouting at a junior member is not so helpful and the retaliation was quite mild so I believe I had no reason to take any action. I'm not sure what starting a thread about it is going to achieve?

ringyneck
25 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

I cannot go back to see if there was a junior "J" under the shot but I cannot remember seeing one.

I always thought upper case was for emphasis so my mistake there.

"What is it going to achieve".....as I said this bloke says,rather better than I could, that all my uploads are a load of c***.
The advice I gave was in good faith and was the ONLY (not shouting) thing he was ranting about.And as it turned out to be a CORRECT comment I feel he might have the b**** to get on here and admit he was rather hasty and even though he was looking through biased(parental) eyes it might be kind to have a word with me.
Short of sending him a PM at the time I could not let off steam on Lukes page.

Thank you,
Keith

Carabosse
25 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

It is a difficult situation, probably with no "right" answer but from what I can see, and trying to be even-handed about it:

(1) Luke does not appear to be a Junior member. He is 16 and, my understanding is, he doesn't qualify as such in EPZ terms. (I may be wrong on that).

(2) Using CAPITALS is considered shouting. That is why we have the bold, italics and underline facility. We also have emoticons, so that when we are, for example, making a 'text joke' there is - hopefully - less chance of people taking it the wrong way. SmileGrinSadTongueWink

(3) Luke's dad has breached critique guidelines as stated in the FAQs, viz: Do not argue the validity of another member's comments on the photo or get into a debate on the critique.

ringyneck
26 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Quote: (3) Luke's dad has breached critique guidelines as stated in the FAQs, viz: Do not argue the validity of another member's comments on the photo or get into a debate on the critique.

So "they" should/could have taken some action without me saying what action I wanted them to take.......Sad

Does anyone think they would be upset that someone had "run down" their images,bearing in mind I did actually manage to get Pete to give one an award.....Wink

Thanks
Keith

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 1:04 PM

Quote:
Does anyone think they would be upset that someone had "run down" their images,

Quote: as I said this bloke says,rather better than I could, that all my uploads are a load of c***.

I can't find anywhere were all your photos were called a load of c***
I don't mind if people think mine are rubbish. If I like them that's what really matters. If they are rubbish and there's a good suggestion how to improve I'll listen and consider. As I said in this case it was just a mild retaliation for a shouty post. hopefully the lesson learned is DONT SHOUT.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315164 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 4:16 PM

Quote: Does anyone think they would be upset that someone had "run down" their images

Lol there`s was one member that I guess must of had a drink problem or something, she would comment on some of mine in quite a strong way, i just ignored her and she went away.

But I kind of miss her comments, they livend up my day Smile

ringyneck
27 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

Looking at my shots it might not be obvious but a lot of hard work went into getting them in the 1st place and even more hard work in getting them onto a screen.
Hard work being the majority input as talent and expertise are only a small percentage so to see someone run them down carte blanche (is that a proper phrase),is upsetting and should be addressed.

I once confronted a drunk,mad woman who was phoning up all through the night and ended up "discussing" my actions with the local constabulary........so I thought a little help(word) from the powers that be was the way to go...obviously not!!.

Thanks
keith

Carabosse
27 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

I think your 'portfolio comments' speak for themselves, Keith. The word "stunning" crops up quite a bit! Smile

LukeParkinson
27 May 2011 - 7:25 PM

eermmm...... Completely and utterly lost what the hell this is all about...

The comment:

Good capture...I DID NOT KNOW THEY CAME OUT AT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!
It's exposed SO far to the left ...a simple slide should sort it.IMHO.
Keith

I've had PM's about the picture and that comment itself, and I can absolutely agree with what they said, "Some people get jealous, but the way we deal with it makes the better person".... Might have too take that in Keith..

Quote: Does anyone think they would be upset that someone had "run down" their images,
as I said this bloke says,rather better than I could, that all my uploads are a load of c***.
I can't find anywhere were all your photos were called a load of c***

I think "keith" is making the attention even more Pete .... Why make this thread??

Grow up !!!!!

The amount of time that we were up there, and to put the upload on with good faith.. Seeing a comment, where someone comes across as "shouting" then it really does P*** you off. If it was really that bad "Keith" how come it got 5 UA's, each from Wildlife Photographers and a GEA???????

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022905 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 8:03 PM

Probably time to lock this thread before the end of break bell rings.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: enough said