Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nobel Peace Prize to the EU?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43630 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2012 - 6:17 PM

They're having a laugh, aren't they?
    Makes the voting in the European Song Contest seem genuine...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Oct 2012 - 6:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122198 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2012 - 6:37 PM

I see nothing wrong with it.

Graysta
    Graysta  91133 forum posts England
    12 Oct 2012 - 6:58 PM

Quote: Makes the voting in the European Song Contest seem genuine...

PMSL
    There's nothing more to add to that GrinGrin Wink

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014024 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2012 - 7:13 PM

Quote: I see nothing wrong with it.

Me neither - before the EU Europe was almost constantly at war, afterwards it wasn't.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122198 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2012 - 7:17 PM

Absolutely.

Phoenix
    Phoenix  131871 forum posts
    12 Oct 2012 - 7:32 PM

Seems fair enough, the EU (and before that the EEC and ECSC) have been taking the peace for years

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43630 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2012 - 7:38 PM

Thorbj°rn Jagland, Chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee just happens to be the Secretary General of the Council of Europe as well. Conflict of interests?
    He is, coincidentally, a "close friend" of JosÚ Manuel Barroso, and is a well-known advocate of everything "European" in the political sense of the word.

The Norwegian Peace Prize Committee, consisting of 5 members, is appointed by the Norwegian Government

Jagland has also a reputation for being a useless politician who chases high-visible posts within Europe, (as indeed others have also done.)

Smells a bit in my opinion.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 12 Oct 2012 - 7:38 PM
    saltireblue
    12 Oct 2012 - 7:46 PM

Addendum: Jagland is a Labour man and ex-PM, appointed to the post of Nobel Chairman by one of his Labour party successors as Prime Minister.
    Another 'coincidence'?

tpfkapm
    tpfkapm  3136 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Oct 2012 - 8:00 PM

I guess the irony will be an out break of war as the full realisation of financial inequality sets in and civil unrest rises!

monstersnowman
    12 Oct 2012 - 9:16 PM

Well they gave Obama one and he hadn't been in office long enough to redecorate ....

Snapster
    Snapster e2 Member 2115 forum postsSnapster vcard England
    12 Oct 2012 - 9:26 PM

After WW2, effectively a stand off between NATO and the Soviet Union lasted decades.
    With the break up of the Soviet Union war broke out in Yugoslavia resulting in mass genocide, war atrocities, and the loss of thousands of lives.
    Yeh awards all round.

nikon
    nikon e2 Member 10107 forum postsnikon vcard England
    12 Oct 2012 - 11:00 PM

Almost as strange as Tony Blaire being appointed peace envoy to the middle east, what a success he has been??

Last Modified By nikon at 12 Oct 2012 - 11:02 PM
    Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41177 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Oct 2012 - 12:02 AM

None whatsoever. But the hotels out there are fantastic, and he has been known to like a gravy train....or several.

Quote: Well they gave Obama one and he hadn't been in office long enough to redecorate ....

What's he been doing then? He must have done something to fill the last term of office...certainly not any good on the worlds political stage.

Nick

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.