Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nobel Peace Prize to the EU?

saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
12 Oct 2012 6:17PM
They're having a laugh, aren't they?
Makes the voting in the European Song Contest seem genuine...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2012 6:37PM
I see nothing wrong with it.
Graysta 9 1.1k England
12 Oct 2012 6:58PM

Quote:Makes the voting in the European Song Contest seem genuine...

PMSL
There's nothing more to add to that GrinGrin Wink
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2012 7:13PM

Quote:I see nothing wrong with it.

Me neither - before the EU Europe was almost constantly at war, afterwards it wasn't.
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2012 7:17PM
Absolutely.
Phoenix 13 1.9k
12 Oct 2012 7:32PM
Seems fair enough, the EU (and before that the EEC and ECSC) have been taking the peace for years
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
12 Oct 2012 7:38PM
Thorbj°rn Jagland, Chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee just happens to be the Secretary General of the Council of Europe as well. Conflict of interests?
He is, coincidentally, a "close friend" of JosÚ Manuel Barroso, and is a well-known advocate of everything "European" in the political sense of the word.

The Norwegian Peace Prize Committee, consisting of 5 members, is appointed by the Norwegian Government

Jagland has also a reputation for being a useless politician who chases high-visible posts within Europe, (as indeed others have also done.)

Smells a bit in my opinion.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
12 Oct 2012 7:46PM
Addendum: Jagland is a Labour man and ex-PM, appointed to the post of Nobel Chairman by one of his Labour party successors as Prime Minister.
Another 'coincidence'?
tpfkapm 3 151 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2012 8:00PM
I guess the irony will be an out break of war as the full realisation of financial inequality sets in and civil unrest rises!
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
12 Oct 2012 9:16PM
Well they gave Obama one and he hadn't been in office long enough to redecorate ....
Snapster e2
2 133 England
12 Oct 2012 9:26PM
After WW2, effectively a stand off between NATO and the Soviet Union lasted decades.
With the break up of the Soviet Union war broke out in Yugoslavia resulting in mass genocide, war atrocities, and the loss of thousands of lives.
Yeh awards all round.
nikon e2
11 118 1 England
12 Oct 2012 11:00PM
Almost as strange as Tony Blaire being appointed peace envoy to the middle east, what a success he has been??
Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2012 12:02AM
None whatsoever. But the hotels out there are fantastic, and he has been known to like a gravy train....or several.

Quote:Well they gave Obama one and he hadn't been in office long enough to redecorate ....

What's he been doing then? He must have done something to fill the last term of office...certainly not any good on the worlds political stage.

Nick

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.