Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Noise because Of High Iso

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2012 - 11:13 PM

Quote: that phones can produce quality images because it is just not true not my opinion just the untested and questionable laws of physics

Funny that you should say that, I had a photogrpher friend around this afternoon asking me to help print off some of her images. It so happened one was from her mobile phone and I told her there wasn't much chance of getting any sort of print from it - I was wrong, it made a very good quality 8"x10" (and she reminded me that it had already won a 10 in a digitial projection comp at our club)

Maybe time to cool the language a little and realise that, perhaps, you don't have all the answers?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Feb 2012 - 11:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monkeygrip
25 Feb 2012 - 11:15 PM

Why the pardon?

Did I say anybodies interpretation of an image or if they are happy with an image was wrong NO!

I stated facts about electronics.

monkeygrip
25 Feb 2012 - 11:22 PM

Quote: Maybe time to cool the language a little and realise that, perhaps, you don't have all the answers?

Well I consider my wrist slapped and loading eBay up with 20K worth of photography gear don't need it now I have an iPhone.Tongue

lawbert
lawbert  71692 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2012 - 11:28 PM

Quote:

Well I consider my wrist slapped and loading eBay up with 20K worth of photography gear don't need it now I have an iPhone.Tongue

Whats up for sale?Wink

Jestertheclown
26 Feb 2012 - 12:33 PM

Quote: Whats up for sale?Wink

. . . not an Iphone.

User_Removed
26 Feb 2012 - 1:29 PM

Sometimes images don't have to be "good" in traditional photographic terms for someone to like them. Just look at the rising popularity of lomography and pinhole camera photography or the use of lensbabies - each intentionally designed to produce "bad" images. I don't imagine that anyone thought Picasso was a "good" painter until his work became a fad.

What can be said about mobile phone images is that they have improved hugely over the past 10 years to the extent that they probably satisfy 90% of the users. With phone sensors now at 8Mp, I guess the next challenge will be to produce a better lens system for them. One that protects from fingerprints and damage in a pocket or handbag.

arhab
arhab  243 forum posts Indonesia2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2012 - 4:08 PM

Thank u all for the response.

BigRick
BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2012 - 6:22 PM

Quote: Why the pardon?

Did I say anybodies interpretation of an image or if they are happy with an image was wrong NO!

I stated facts about electronics.

which from the perspective of a customer is all but completely irrelevant.Tongue

and from the perspective of a tog kind of is too....

i dont care about waves and the physics of how it does it (not when i am taking the picture anyway) all i care about is whether my customer likes the image i put in front of them.... or the image that i have had framed for them, that may have been taken on there phone.

Some people forget that most social photography is all about the emotion of the picture, and not so much about the technicalities of how it was taken. I bet my mortgage that if i had the only picture from a day of grandad hugging the grandchild, and it was a little bit grainy or slightly out of focus, that they would still like it, because of whats in it, not because of how perfect it is.Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.