Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Noise because Of High Iso

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2012 11:13PM

Quote:that phones can produce quality images because it is just not true not my opinion just the untested and questionable laws of physics

Funny that you should say that, I had a photogrpher friend around this afternoon asking me to help print off some of her images. It so happened one was from her mobile phone and I told her there wasn't much chance of getting any sort of print from it - I was wrong, it made a very good quality 8"x10" (and she reminded me that it had already won a 10 in a digitial projection comp at our club)

Maybe time to cool the language a little and realise that, perhaps, you don't have all the answers?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monkeygrip 6 574 6 England
25 Feb 2012 11:15PM
Why the pardon?

Did I say anybodies interpretation of an image or if they are happy with an image was wrong NO!

I stated facts about electronics.
monkeygrip 6 574 6 England
25 Feb 2012 11:22PM

Quote:Maybe time to cool the language a little and realise that, perhaps, you don't have all the answers?

Well I consider my wrist slapped and loading eBay up with 20K worth of photography gear don't need it now I have an iPhone.Tongue
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
25 Feb 2012 11:28PM

Quote:

Well I consider my wrist slapped and loading eBay up with 20K worth of photography gear don't need it now I have an iPhone.Tongue

Whats up for sale?Wink
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
26 Feb 2012 12:33PM

Quote:Whats up for sale?Wink

. . . not an Iphone.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
26 Feb 2012 1:29PM
Sometimes images don't have to be "good" in traditional photographic terms for someone to like them. Just look at the rising popularity of lomography and pinhole camera photography or the use of lensbabies - each intentionally designed to produce "bad" images. I don't imagine that anyone thought Picasso was a "good" painter until his work became a fad.

What can be said about mobile phone images is that they have improved hugely over the past 10 years to the extent that they probably satisfy 90% of the users. With phone sensors now at 8Mp, I guess the next challenge will be to produce a better lens system for them. One that protects from fingerprints and damage in a pocket or handbag.
arhab 2 43 2 Indonesia
3 Mar 2012 4:08PM
Thank u all for the response.
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2012 6:22PM

Quote:Why the pardon?

Did I say anybodies interpretation of an image or if they are happy with an image was wrong NO!

I stated facts about electronics.

which from the perspective of a customer is all but completely irrelevant.Tongue

and from the perspective of a tog kind of is too....

i dont care about waves and the physics of how it does it (not when i am taking the picture anyway) all i care about is whether my customer likes the image i put in front of them.... or the image that i have had framed for them, that may have been taken on there phone.

Some people forget that most social photography is all about the emotion of the picture, and not so much about the technicalities of how it was taken. I bet my mortgage that if i had the only picture from a day of grandad hugging the grandchild, and it was a little bit grainy or slightly out of focus, that they would still like it, because of whats in it, not because of how perfect it is.Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.