Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Noktor 12mm Hyperprime or Olympus 12mm

Sooty_1 e2
4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2012 9:10AM
I'd probably stick with the Olympus.

As an aside, calling it a 'Noktor' is suggesting its a Voigtlander, ie a manufacturer with history, but it's made by SLRMagic, a company I have no knowledge of. In the same way there was a raft of 'point and shoot' cameras dressed up as SLRs with names like 'Olympia' or 'Nippon' a few years ago.

Nick

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
16 Jul 2012 2:20PM

Quote:As an aside, calling it a 'Noktor' is suggesting its a Voigtlander

The new voigtlander lenses are made by Cosina, does it really matter who makes the noktor Smile

I like the two lenses equally and I still can`t make up my mind what body to get.

Now I`m finding myself drawn to putting the 12mm on hold and picking up an x100 instead for now, the second camera would probably see more use than a dedicated 12mm Smile
17 Jul 2012 2:22PM
I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price. They must have upped their game since as they now make Tokina as well!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
17 Jul 2012 3:45PM

Quote:I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price

They also made a load of the legendary Vivitar Series one units, and also lenses for major players.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
17 Jul 2012 9:23PM

Quote:I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price.

In my youth that was certainly the case. They were on par with Chinon - Dixons own brand.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.