Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Noktor 12mm Hyperprime or Olympus 12mm

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41202 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 9:10 AM

I'd probably stick with the Olympus.

As an aside, calling it a 'Noktor' is suggesting its a Voigtlander, ie a manufacturer with history, but it's made by SLRMagic, a company I have no knowledge of. In the same way there was a raft of 'point and shoot' cameras dressed up as SLRs with names like 'Olympia' or 'Nippon' a few years ago.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jul 2012 - 9:10 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315234 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 2:20 PM

Quote: As an aside, calling it a 'Noktor' is suggesting its a Voigtlander

The new voigtlander lenses are made by Cosina, does it really matter who makes the noktor Smile

I like the two lenses equally and I still can`t make up my mind what body to get.

Now I`m finding myself drawn to putting the 12mm on hold and picking up an x100 instead for now, the second camera would probably see more use than a dedicated 12mm Smile

kodachrome
17 Jul 2012 - 2:22 PM

I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price. They must have upped their game since as they now make Tokina as well!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315234 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 3:45 PM

Quote: I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price

They also made a load of the legendary Vivitar Series one units, and also lenses for major players.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:23 PM

Quote: I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price.

In my youth that was certainly the case. They were on par with Chinon - Dixons own brand.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.