Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

North Norfolk Anyone?

Billlee 8 5.5k England
17 Aug 2006 2:34PM
As a spin off from the Broads thread North Norfolk coast has been mentioned. Very varied from West facing Hunstanton (fabulous cliffs and sunsets), through interesting villages,beaches,harbours, bird reserves etc to the windmill and shingle beach at Cley. So much to see............. So any suggestions for place and time, I am retired so week day or weekend are all the same to me, few days in Sept and October already spoken for but pretty flexible. Word of warning, I have never organised a meet before so it might end in chaos! Could be good for a laugh :O)) Bill

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_H 11 1.5k 1
17 Aug 2006 4:29PM
I would be interested depending on the date, I believe Mike Woodland was also thinking of organising one in October so you could just combine them.

I would suggest as late October as possible as if it September the days are very long from Sunrise to Sunset with harsh light during the day.
In October the days will be shorter so more people would stay all day and the light would be lower during the day so we could continue shooting throughout the day. For places like old Hunstanton for sunset the sun is also in its best place around October/November time.

Cromer or Overstrand could be a good place to start as there is a very nice cafe for breakfast at Overstrand as w all found out courtesy of KatieB last year on the Norfolk Meet.
Sus 10 3.2k 9 England
17 Aug 2006 4:41PM
I would be interested and will keep an eye on the thread.
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
17 Aug 2006 6:13PM
I think i'll be keeping an eye too, i'm back near there every so often...
Billlee 8 5.5k England
17 Aug 2006 8:25PM
Thanks for the input Chris, sounds like a good suggestion, it will be quieter in October and I think it would be great to work along the coast during the day to end up at Old Hunstanton for the sunset, have to check the tides and make sure we can get on the beach!! To Mike Woodland, sorry, did not realise you were going to organise something, hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes here being fairly new to EPZ would not want to be considered an "upstart" :O)) Bill.
Simon_Palmer 8 759 11 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2006 8:38PM
I'm up for that if us mere mortals are allowed to attend.
Billlee 8 5.5k England
17 Aug 2006 10:51PM
Hi Simon,I am sure you will be most welcome, I have only been here a few weeks longer than you have, Welcome to EPZ! Having checked on tide times most w/e's will be OK, I might suggest around the Equinox is probably a good time Sat 21st or Sun 22nd, if not Sat 28th is OK but clocks go back that day so sunset on Sunday 29th would be about 4.30pm which I think is a bit early!! Any more Ideas or suggestions?? Would anyone prefer a weekday? Bill.
katieb 10 255 4 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2006 6:02AM
Hi Bill I would definitely be interested but it would need to be the end of October for me as I am moving house beg Oct.
Kate
FatHandedChap 8 1.3k England
18 Aug 2006 8:53AM
I could certainly be tempted - end of October would be good, but don't forget that half term is from 23rd. It will give me a nice break from house extensions, impending births, and setting up a studio (just don't tell my wife....)

Tony
Billlee 8 5.5k England
22 Aug 2006 9:53AM
Overstrand to Hunstanton in a day? So many places on the way! I do not think we should be over ambitious and try and fit everywhere in, so suggestions please so we can work out where is favourite. I for one am prepared to make a good day of it, i.e up early for sunrise at Overstrand and end up with sunset at Hunny! The less intrepid could join or leave at any time along the way. Also which dates are favourite? All [legal :o))] suggestions welcome. Bill.
John_Duckett 10 386 2 Norfolk Island
22 Aug 2006 11:51AM
Hi Bill,

Well you've done it, the ball is now rolling. End of October is good for me too. I'll check my tide times tonight and come back tomorrow with some sugguestions as to locations.

All the best

John
bumbleb3 8 356 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2006 12:56PM
Hi Bill
Can you count me in as well.I can make most weekends in October at the moment.I'll keep an eye on this thread
sandy
TelStar 9 116 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2006 9:34AM
Hi Bill,
I'd be interested in an October meet if I can fit it in. Not 21st or 22nd though. All the best,
Tel'.
Sus 10 3.2k 9 England
25 Aug 2006 11:32AM
I could make the 21/22 or the 28/29, and possibly a week day depending which one.
StuartAt e2
9 1.0k 6 England
25 Aug 2006 12:06PM
Another vote for an October meet here, depending on what date (busy on at least one weekend... just can't remember which one!).

Stuart

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.