Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

North Norfolk Anyone?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
peter shilton
25 Aug 2006 - 12:58 PM

Slightly off topic but obviously locals here so I will ask.

I am taking the family to Snettisham Tues and Wed and will be taking my camera. Is there anything that I should defintely try and see? Are there spectaculer sunsets? Cliffs?

The only time I have been to Hunstanton was about 30 years ago and I seem to remember an oil rig or something.

Also, are there meant to be floods soon?

Peter

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Aug 2006 - 12:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_H
Chris_H  101471 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2006 - 3:21 PM

There is a good Bird reserve at Snettisham, Hunstanton is the only place you will get a sunset over the sea on the Norfolk Coast, the Cliffs and rocks at Hunstanton are excellent and there is also an old wreak on the boat at Old Hunstanton.

Blakeny and Cley are also worth a visit.

Chris

Billlee
Billlee  75525 forum posts England
25 Aug 2006 - 11:01 PM

Quote: Slightly off topic but obviously locals here so I will ask.

I am taking the family to Snettisham Tues and Wed and will be taking my camera. Is there anything that I should defintely try and see? Are there spectaculer sunsets? Cliffs?

The only time I have been to Hunstanton was about 30 years ago and I seem to remember an oil rig or something.

Also, are there meant to be floods soon?

Peter

If your children are small as well as the beach at Hunstanton there are slightly quieter beaches at Snettisham and Heacham, also there is Snettisham Park, loads of animals including a herd of deer and tractor train trip round the Park. Horse riding here also. The bird reserve is great (just spent all afternoon and evening there) but there is a walk of about 2km from the car park and a round walk of 1.8km to visit all the hides. If you want to contact PM me and let me know your Tel No or I'll give you mine. Bill.

phil_1975
phil_1975  10165 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Aug 2006 - 9:07 PM

If it should happen to be the 21/22 Oct then pencil me in as that's the one weekend I'm free.

Phil.

Billlee
31 Aug 2006 - 12:48 AM

Hi Phil, date and 'itinerary' not firmed up yet. need a few more suggestions, keep you in the frame Cheers, Bill........................All suggestions welcome, favourite locations etc also which weekends you are free.

owp
owp  9168 forum posts
1 Sep 2006 - 11:21 AM

Quote: I believe Mike Woodland was also thinking of organising one in October so you could just combine them

. . NOT! Orginising Chris Smile . . just coming over to get some photography [as I could not make your dates] and was hoping to meet with some "local knowledge" Smile

looks like 28 / 29 Oct is my enforced choice of dates if that suits anyone?

Mike.W

Billlee
1 Sep 2006 - 11:27 PM

Just been reading through the thread again and it seems most people seem to prefer the very end of October (28/29th). So can we agree that will be the W/E? Which day is best, remember clocks go back that Saturday, which means sunset on Sunday 29th at Hunstanton will be about 4.30pm. So be prepared to give up that extra hour in bed if Sunday is the day of choice!! Bill.

TelStar
TelStar  9116 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Sep 2006 - 7:20 AM

Sunday 29th sounds fine to me, Bill.
T:0)

Billlee
5 Sep 2006 - 1:11 PM

OK that is 1 vote for Sunday 29th October, any more?? COME ON! Bill.

owp
owp  9168 forum posts
6 Sep 2006 - 2:00 PM

. . OK! 29 Oct! . . might get up for the w/end yet ? . . .

Mike.W

FatHandedChap

I'm free on the 29th too....

Tony

Billlee
7 Sep 2006 - 8:40 AM

This is getting better, shall we say SUNDAY 29th is definite then? Bill.

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Sep 2006 - 9:59 AM

Barring major changes, can do 29th

owp
owp  9168 forum posts
8 Sep 2006 - 9:16 AM

. . BUMP! . . 29th ? . . so place and timings next then Please Smile . . .

Mike.W

FatHandedChap

Whenever I go to Hunstanton it rains.....just a word of warning! Maybe it's best if I stay at home. 8-)

Tony

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.