Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

North Norfolk Anyone?

25 Aug 2006 12:58PM
Slightly off topic but obviously locals here so I will ask.

I am taking the family to Snettisham Tues and Wed and will be taking my camera. Is there anything that I should defintely try and see? Are there spectaculer sunsets? Cliffs?

The only time I have been to Hunstanton was about 30 years ago and I seem to remember an oil rig or something.

Also, are there meant to be floods soon?

Peter

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_H e2
11 1.5k 1
25 Aug 2006 3:21PM
There is a good Bird reserve at Snettisham, Hunstanton is the only place you will get a sunset over the sea on the Norfolk Coast, the Cliffs and rocks at Hunstanton are excellent and there is also an old wreak on the boat at Old Hunstanton.

Blakeny and Cley are also worth a visit.

Chris
Billlee e2
8 5.5k England
25 Aug 2006 11:01PM

Quote:Slightly off topic but obviously locals here so I will ask.

I am taking the family to Snettisham Tues and Wed and will be taking my camera. Is there anything that I should defintely try and see? Are there spectaculer sunsets? Cliffs?

The only time I have been to Hunstanton was about 30 years ago and I seem to remember an oil rig or something.

Also, are there meant to be floods soon?

Peter

If your children are small as well as the beach at Hunstanton there are slightly quieter beaches at Snettisham and Heacham, also there is Snettisham Park, loads of animals including a herd of deer and tractor train trip round the Park. Horse riding here also. The bird reserve is great (just spent all afternoon and evening there) but there is a walk of about 2km from the car park and a round walk of 1.8km to visit all the hides. If you want to contact PM me and let me know your Tel No or I'll give you mine. Bill.
phil_1975 e2
10 165 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2006 9:07PM
If it should happen to be the 21/22 Oct then pencil me in as that's the one weekend I'm free.

Phil.
Billlee e2
8 5.5k England
31 Aug 2006 12:48AM
Hi Phil, date and 'itinerary' not firmed up yet. need a few more suggestions, keep you in the frame Cheers, Bill........................All suggestions welcome, favourite locations etc also which weekends you are free.
owp 10 168
1 Sep 2006 11:21AM

Quote: I believe Mike Woodland was also thinking of organising one in October so you could just combine them

. . NOT! Orginising Chris Smile . . just coming over to get some photography [as I could not make your dates] and was hoping to meet with some "local knowledge" Smile

looks like 28 / 29 Oct is my enforced choice of dates if that suits anyone?

Mike.W
Billlee e2
8 5.5k England
1 Sep 2006 11:27PM
Just been reading through the thread again and it seems most people seem to prefer the very end of October (28/29th). So can we agree that will be the W/E? Which day is best, remember clocks go back that Saturday, which means sunset on Sunday 29th at Hunstanton will be about 4.30pm. So be prepared to give up that extra hour in bed if Sunday is the day of choice!! Bill.
TelStar e2
9 116 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2006 7:20AM
Sunday 29th sounds fine to me, Bill.
T:0)
Billlee e2
8 5.5k England
5 Sep 2006 1:11PM
OK that is 1 vote for Sunday 29th October, any more?? COME ON! Bill.
owp 10 168
6 Sep 2006 2:00PM
. . OK! 29 Oct! . . might get up for the w/end yet ? . . .

Mike.W
6 Sep 2006 2:08PM
I'm free on the 29th too....

Tony
Billlee e2
8 5.5k England
7 Sep 2006 8:40AM
This is getting better, shall we say SUNDAY 29th is definite then? Bill.
Sus e2
10 3.2k 9 England
7 Sep 2006 9:59AM
Barring major changes, can do 29th
owp 10 168
8 Sep 2006 9:16AM
. . BUMP! . . 29th ? . . so place and timings next then Please Smile . . .

Mike.W
8 Sep 2006 9:24AM
Whenever I go to Hunstanton it rains.....just a word of warning! Maybe it's best if I stay at home. 8-)

Tony

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.