Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

North Norfolk Anyone?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Billlee
Billlee  85531 forum posts England
8 Sep 2006 - 10:11 AM

Quote: Whenever I go to Hunstanton it rains.....just a word of warning! Maybe it's best if I stay at home. 8-)

Tony

No need to stay at home Tony, just don't join us till after it gets dark!! :O)) Bill.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Sep 2006 - 10:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

FatHandedChap
8 Sep 2006 - 10:17 AM

Name the pub and I'll be there!

Tony

Chriscj
Chriscj  896 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2006 - 2:19 PM

Well I could be interested too. As far as I know 29th is fine with me.

Chris

Billlee
12 Sep 2006 - 5:48 PM

That's great Chris, another one on the list!! Anyone have any special places to visit so we can fit in as much as possible?? Bill.

owp
owp  9168 forum posts
16 Sep 2006 - 9:29 PM

. . .29th . .Yep! go that! Smile . . .where? . .what time? . . . .

Mike.W

Billlee
24 Sep 2006 - 10:10 AM

Just an update, this meet is still a definite GO. Start point at Overstrand has been suggested, and a finish point of Hunstanton. This gives us about 10 hours between sunrise an sunset (about 6.30 am and 4.30pm). I am OK with this but does anyone think this is too ambitious considering the number of potential locations along the way, and meal breaks???? Bill.

Billlee
11 Oct 2006 - 5:34 PM

Updating again, no further contributions for a while, so just confirming this meet is still ON............. Last night I drove along the North Norfolk coast road from Overstrand to Hunstanton ( Sticking to speed limits and using reasonable speeds as condition allowed ) and the journey took just over 1hr20mins non stop. This would suggest that with stops, unloading gear and reloading as well as diversions to actual locations, and a bit of time for lunch we can almost double that as 'down time' so that would give us about 6-7hrs actual togging. So I reckon we should pick the best(favourite) 4 or 5 spots.............................. Here are some places worth a visit:- (1)Overstrand for sunrise over the beach and sea. (2)Cromer, pier and beach, buildings etc. (3) Sheringham, again Pier and beach, North Norfolk Railway station. (3) Weybourne, Muckleburgh Collection-- Military museum. (4) Salthouse, Beach, possibly people sea-fishing, birds, can see seagulls at eye level from top of shingle bank. (5)Cley Beach, same as Salthouse plus remnants of pill boxes and gun emplacements (6) Cley village, very picturesque, lovely old buildings, windmill and well kept ruined church. (7)Cley, Coastal walk, a little way along here great views of the village and windmill over reed beds that are harvested for thatching. (8)Blakeney, Quay, boats, sea channel or mud (Depending on tide!), interesting buildings, small collection of 'ornamental' ducks. (9)Morston Quay, Boats, interesting creek, Strong boots or wellies here, can be muddy, also observation platform gets you eye to eye with seagulls again!(10)Wells-next-Sea, Busy fishing port, may drop lucky if any boats offloading. Victorian sailing ship doubles up as Dutch eating house, Plenty of fish and chips! Further round Beach Huts. (11) Holkham Beach, vast area of sand and dunes, interesting sandscapes and watercourse patterns. (12)Burnham Overy Staithe, Again very picturesque, boats and saltmarsh (13) Burnham Market, slight detour inland but very nice village and if we get a lot of rain between now and the 29th then a stream will be running across the village street! (14)Burnham Deepdale,ancient church with round tower. (15)Brancaster & Brancaster Staithe, largish village with plenty of interesting buildings, huge beach. (16) RSPB at Titchwell bird reserve, Very good but VERY expensive parking unless you are a member of RSPB.(17)Holme-next-Sea, Huge beach and sand dunes, have to walk across a golf course to get to the beach-action shots of golfballs whizzing past heads?? (18) Old Hunstanton, Sunset, Lighthouse, beach, dunes, beach huts and those stripey cliffs! ...................If any one has any other suggestions lets hear them and also please can you post a reply to say which FOUR locations you prefer ??? So we can firm up ideas................... To date the people who said they are coming are :- Mike Woodland,ChrisCJ,ChrisH,Tony(Fathanded chap), Sus, Sandy(Bumble3), Katieb, Simon Palmer, and of course myself and my Cavalier King Charles Amber! Terry(Telstar) is a maybe........................ If any one can't make it please let me know, and don't forget anyone else and partners are welcome!

Billlee
11 Oct 2006 - 5:39 PM

A thought just struck me, would anyone be interested in a meal at the end of the meet?......There are several pubs nearby, "The Ancient Mariner" - part of the 'Le Strange Arms' and hotel is possibly favourite. If so let me know and I will make enquiries, either dining room, booking needed or bar meal, first come first served!! Same food :O)) Cheers, Bill

owp
owp  9168 forum posts
18 Oct 2006 - 7:47 PM

. . So So sorry Billee [and everyone] . . I'm not gona make it for this meet Sad . . was really looking forward to getting back down there as well.

Have recently taken a short break in Corwall with Cathy, my wife. We still have lots to do at home, and it's time to knuckle down a get on with it! . .

All the best for a successful meet Smile . . I WILL be back there as soon as I can get a w/end pass sorted

Mike.W

Billlee
18 Oct 2006 - 9:07 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike, if you can make it some other time give me a shout if you would like some company!! I hope everyone else can make it!! Please let me know as it is only just over a week to go. Also could you let me know if you fancy a pub meal at the end of the meet. Bill

TelStar
TelStar  9116 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Oct 2006 - 10:17 PM

Hi Bill,
You know I was 'iffy' and I definitely can't make this one now. I'm very sorry, especially as your itinerary sounds fantastic. Apart from having lost my camera, I have had an unexpected call to dep' for a RnR band gig on Saturday plus a reminder that I should be at a family Christening on Sunday.
I would be interested in a future one though.
Terry.

Billlee
18 Oct 2006 - 11:23 PM

OK Terry, can't be helped. Same invitation applies if you fancy a day in the area just let me know. ...........Right that's two less than we thought, so a smaller but more select meet?? Anyone else out there fancy a good day out! Let's have some POSITIVE news!! Bill.

Chris_H
Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Oct 2006 - 11:26 PM

I am afraid I wont be able to make it as I am up in the Peak District that weekend.

Chris

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Oct 2006 - 11:58 PM

And i shall be in Northumberland then onto Scotland Smile

Billlee
19 Oct 2006 - 10:49 AM

What a shame, Chris and Andy. Less still!! I state here and now I do not have BO!!! Whats happening?? Someone please let me know that you still want this meet!! I still have a list, albeit smaller now, of people who said they would come. Can you please confirm so we can get a plan of action firmed up?? Bill. PS Chris and Andy, the invitation to Mike and Terry is extended to you too!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.