Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

North Yorkshire - Any Photo Locations / Attractions recommended?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    scartlane
    scartlane  366 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2012 - 2:13 PM

Hi,
    Im off to north yorkshire this weekend, up to skipton,
    Any good photographic locations?
    and as im going with the mrs, kinda need to do something she would like one day too so
    any attractions thats worth a visit?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Jan 2012 - 2:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TimMunsey
    TimMunsey e2 Member 386 forum postsTimMunsey vcard United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2012 - 2:35 PM

Checking your porfolio, here's my suggestions,
    If the weather is OK, low wind, dry check out the falcon centre http://www.hawkexperience.com/
    For landscape go to Malham, for the cove, limestone pavements, and Gordale Scar for a dramatic waterfall. There's a fine pub in the village.
    For a pretty drive go to Kettlewell, Starbotton, Buckden up the Wharfe valley.

Enjoy

scartlane
    scartlane  366 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2012 - 2:45 PM

cheers, ill check those out!
    thanks

cantona43
    cantona43  8851 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 2:54 PM

Have a ride about 25 miles down the road to Ingleton this is a beautiful place in N yorks the mrs could visit Skipton Market

pulsar69
    pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 4:05 PM

fountains abbey and brimham rocks are great all-rounders ...

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 4:13 PM

Scalebar force is between Skipton and Settle. You can park at the side of the road and it's a five to ten minute walk (Quite steep to get down to the base though). Click on the map tab on the pic so you know how to find it.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 4:18 PM

The obvious is the Dales, Malham, Twistleton, Scalebar etc the limestone pavements of the upper Dales are breathtaking. Then you Swaledale with all the barns. For market towns / Cities look at Northallerton, York, Ripon, Knaresborough, Harrogate ( great for shopping etc) Scarborough, Whitby then there's the fishing villages like Staithes and Robin Hoods Bay. Brimham rocks have already been mentioned, but there are far more rock outcrops in and around Nidderdale (the forgotten Neighbour of Wharfedale) the rock outcrops from the last Ice Age when the Sandstone was deposited by the glaciers).

Almost forgot the North Yorkshire Moors, Sutton Bank is quite good. To be honest North Yorkshire probably has more to offer for the landscape photographer than probably any other county.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 24 Jan 2012 - 4:23 PM
    User_Removed
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:27 PM

I forget the name of the village where "Heartbeat" was filmed (Google for it) but that has some interesting features, especially if you are into old railways.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:37 PM

Skipton base

you don't really want the 2-3 hour drive to Goathland and the north york moors, so I'd stick close to the Skipton area - which is malham, ingleton, settle, clapham, kingdale and maybe venture to Dentdale. Ribblehead is worth a look of course, very impressive viaduct in the middle of the hills.

If you've a long day...

Ingleton waterfalls walk...
    Back to Settle for Scalebar Force
    Follow the road to Airton which goes onto Malham, grab your sunset there - I hear there's a tree there?

MeanGreeny
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:42 PM

Quote: I hear there's a tree there?

Not any more - Sutty wore it out and then chopped it down so no-one else could take any Smile

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:57 PM

there was a broken branch actually...

sabotage!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.