Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

North Yorkshire Coast Meet

pdove 5 22 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2009 1:26AM
Although I am fairly new to epz I have had contact with a few photographers in the N.Yorks area who would be interested in a meet. A dawn shoot at Whitby or Staithes has been suggested. I am making a return to photography after a long absence, others interested are far more accomplished, so there could be a good mix of ability so that we can all learn from each other.
Mid to late October would be a possible as this should give us time to organise dates and venues. Is there any other interest out there?
Phil

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
20 Sep 2009 1:37AM
Have you thought about putting it in the Members Meetings section Phil?

Doug
20 Sep 2009 1:47AM
Oops. Thanks for that Doug. No I hadn't. As I say I am fairly new to epz and still finding my way around. Thanks for your help, I will do as you suggest, but perhaps will have to get some feedback first so as to be able to publish a date or is there a way of putting it up for discussion but also list it in meetings?
Regards,
Phil
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
20 Sep 2009 2:23AM
No problem with starting a topic about it first to see if there is some interest and then perhaps add it to the meetings section when you start getting some replies.
It should make it easier to organise.
ashley 10 167 1 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2009 2:53PM
Hi Phil

I could be interested in a N.Yorks meet but will depend on the dates.

Ash
steveb 10 332 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2009 5:20PM
If you made the meet the last weekend in October it will be the Whitby Goth weekend. It would be something else to shoot. At one time I was thinking of going up then, but now will be staying down south. Hope the meet goes well.
andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
20 Sep 2009 6:17PM
Bookmarking.
21 Sep 2009 11:27AM
Thanks for interest so far. Date has not been fixed as I can be fairly flexible. Have you any preferred dates. What day would suit best? Saturdays are not an option for me but Sundays are good, and can often be available for week days.
Give me some feed back and I will try to narrow dates down to a few options and see what would fit in best with others.

Regards,
Phil
LeighRebecca 7 267 10 England
21 Sep 2009 2:26PM
I may well be able to tag along. I realise Sunday mornings are good for many, but I am at church at 10am, so weekdays are best for me, but I could turn up for dawn at least on a Sunday, and if it's Whitby/Staithes area I could even return in the afternoon/evening.
21 Sep 2009 2:43PM
Thanks for reply Leigh.
I don't have a problem with week days, in fact it I would prefer it, but I was conscious that some people have work commitments that are a bit less flexible than mine. How does this fit in with others?
Phil
cantona43 9 915 4 England
21 Sep 2009 7:44PM
I would be interested in coming along I only live down the road (Scarborough) so anytime for me
anyone looking for accommodation I have a guesthouse in Scarborough
link
Neil
Coast e2
6 1.5k 292 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2009 9:35PM
I would be interested in coming along - live in Filey so Whitby/Staithes is easy. Can do midweek if enough notice but Sunday is okay too.

Paul
ashley 10 167 1 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2009 9:37PM
I don't have a problem with week days as i work shifts

Ash
22 Sep 2009 1:39AM
Great. How about Wed 21st or Thursday 22nd October. I will check tide tables and dawn/dusk times to make sure that we will be there at it's best. But how does either of those dates fit with you all?
Coast e2
6 1.5k 292 United Kingdom
22 Sep 2009 9:15PM
Currently Thurs 22nd Oct is free for me - I will pencil in to keep free.

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.