Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

norton 360 v internet security

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

youmightlikethis
youmightlikethis e2 Member 121003 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
27 Apr 2012 - 7:45 PM

is norton 360 any better than norton internet security

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Apr 2012 - 7:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
27 Apr 2012 - 8:08 PM

Anything is better than Norton...If you want to lose memory and slow your m/c to a crawl then go ahead with either of their products.

Malwarebytes and MSE are far, far lighter in memory 'payload' terms and as efficient (if not moreso)...

213hardy
213hardy e2 Member 5541 forum posts213hardy vcard England
27 Apr 2012 - 8:19 PM

I recommend Microsoft Security Essential, used to have Norton but sacked it off in favour of MSE, less invasive than Norton and more efficient i think.

Den

Last Modified By 213hardy at 27 Apr 2012 - 8:19 PM
redsnappa
redsnappa  111900 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Apr 2012 - 8:43 PM

I would not use any norton product even if it was free. It slows even powerful computers to a crawl.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014056 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Apr 2012 - 8:43 PM

Another vote hear for MSE - seems to work really well.

puertouk
puertouk  21055 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
27 Apr 2012 - 9:33 PM

I've got Norton 360 and yes, Norton used to slow your PC down, but not any longer. I have a large PC and 2 laptops in the house and all of them run smoothly. 360 is the best security on the market today, plus you get fantastic back-up. You can cover 3 PC. It has stop countless attacks from the internet and I highly recommend it
Stephen

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85870 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Apr 2012 - 10:46 PM

webroot

Andy_Cundell
28 Apr 2012 - 9:16 AM

I agree, Microsoft Security Essential is the one. It's free, it's written for Windows by the people who made Windows so it doesn't make your system start to runn at a snails pace.

My Father was still using Norton and I was gob smacked when I found out he was paying 65 a year to renew it! I changed him over to MSE straight away!

Andy

Jestertheclown
28 Apr 2012 - 9:46 AM

Quote: My Father was still using Norton and I was gob smacked when I found out he was paying 65 a year to renew it!

A friend of mine was doing the same thing until recently.

She's had no end of malware/viruses etc. and finally got shot of it when the local computer shop, who kept charging her to fix it, told her to get something else.

Personally, I haven't used it for years.

Techno
Techno  51004 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2012 - 11:27 AM

Bullguard for me.......

kodachrome
28 Apr 2012 - 12:49 PM

I object to paying Irish VAT on Norton products.
I use AVAST and System Mechanic and they are pretty good and have done their job as advertised with no affect to PC speed.
Koda

User_Removed
28 Apr 2012 - 4:04 PM

3 pcs and a laptop all running the free version of AVAST....no complaints.....stuart

Jestertheclown
28 Apr 2012 - 4:31 PM

Quote: 3 pcs and a laptop all running the free version of AVAST....no complaints.....stuart

I hope you're not speaking to soon!

I've been using Free Avast for about three years and something unpleasant did once get past it but upon subsequent investigation, it seems that it was sufficiently unpleasant that it would have got past most things!

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 28 Apr 2012 - 4:31 PM
stevie
stevie e2 Member 101198 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2012 - 6:27 PM

Another vote for Avast which I've found just fine over a few years on several PCs and is free

davewaine
davewaine  7115 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2012 - 5:54 AM

I never liked Norton. It kills malware, but it turns your computer into a slug. Microsoft Security Essentials must have knocked the bottom out of the paid-for security business because it is perfectly good and free. I have never used Avast, but I have also only ever heard good things about it. The bottom line is that there is no need to pay for protection. Either of the above two will serve you well. For the occasional deep scan, there is always House Call, which is also free.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.