Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Norway - you are in our thoughts and prayers...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
23 Jul 2011 - 8:34 AM

The title says it all.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Jul 2011 - 8:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 8:35 AM

totally....
such a peaceful country, such a shame.....Sad

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 9:48 AM

and such a cowardly act.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82345 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 10:28 AM

Agreed

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 11:15 AM

I was heartened by one response I heard from a Norwegian interviewed on the radio - we will fight terrorism with more democracy!

Something for a few politicians to think on it that statement.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 11:21 AM

Yeap, well said.
I just love Norway.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 12:44 PM

7 killed in the bombing was bad enough, but at least 84 killed (mainly teenagers) by one man with a gun is almost beyond belief.

The motivation is not yet known, but the alleged perpetrator apparently describes himself as a right-wing Christian and has posted anti-Muslim views on Christian fundamentalist websites.

You never know where the terror is going to come from. My late uncle lived in Norway for many years and I still have distant relatives there. I haven't quite taken it in yet! Sad

Andy_Cundell
23 Jul 2011 - 12:46 PM

It hasn't been released yet about the 'cause' of the tragedies and the motivation of the gunman, although, the gunman has been linked to 'right wing' activities. I did read it was about an illegal immigrant being deported but we will have to wait and see.

Thoughts are with the family of the departed and if the motivation was extremism and terrorist, well done for bringing a peaceful nation into a bloody stupid war.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44031 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 1:15 PM

The whole country, not un-naturally, is in a state of shock.
The worst of this tragedy is that the 84 who were murdered on Ut°ya were the youth wing of the Labour party, most between the ages of 15-25.

What a total and utterly devastating event. All those hopes and aspirations these young people had.

This has been a frightful wake up call for many 'man in the street' Norwegians, as the last thing they expected was that a white Norwegian would be the purpertrator of such a crime. Similarities with McVeigh and Oklahoma city are being made.

ensign
ensign e2 Member 7185 forum postsensign vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 3:08 PM

Yeap, well said.
I just love Norway.
Bernard

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42396 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
23 Jul 2011 - 6:51 PM

Our thoughts go out to everyone in Norway and disbelief echoes all around for such a peaceful country as this to experience such tragedy.

meercat
meercat  5278 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Jul 2011 - 7:41 PM

My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jul 2011 - 10:41 PM

I just find this too hard to understand SadSad

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102293 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2011 - 9:11 AM

A very sad event: a chilling reminder of how the far-right extremists are every bit as crazy, nasty and vicious as the extreme Muslim jihadists...they both kill hundreds of innocents.
Then again, our supposedly moderate liberal western governments kill thousands upon thousands under the pretence of humanitarian intervention. It makes you wonder who is not a terrorist...

perkyjude
perkyjude  346 forum posts England11 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2011 - 10:17 AM

More people are murdered in the name of religion than anything else, and yet I have never found a Holy Book yet for any of the main stream religions or beliefs which condones the murder of innocent people.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.