Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

not my image

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CDSINUK
    CDSINUK  2223 forum posts England
    2 Sep 2012 - 2:55 PM

Hi all, occasionally i go onto google and look at what images come up when i punch in my user name, i was a little disturbed to find my username attached to a photo that is not mine, its connected to ePHOTOzine and brings up my profile... i am concerned the real author might be concerned that i have claimed this image as my own, which i certainly have had nothing to do with it being attached to my profile...., it is a nice image though Smile but i cant understand how this image is attached to my profile ? has this happened to anyone else and how can it be rectified , 042.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Sep 2012 - 2:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell
    2 Sep 2012 - 3:21 PM

Have you ever hosted or taken part in one of the site challenges? Could be that.

Andy

CDSINUK
    2 Sep 2012 - 3:36 PM

cheers andy, no i havent, its a bit strange that it brings up my portfolio, its defo not one of my images, i mean it doesnt say taken by cdsinuk, but theres a clear link, just worried someone will assume the worst, however if you look at the quality its defo not one of mine Smile im not that good yet... just puzzled how its got the connection...

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
    2 Sep 2012 - 7:14 PM

It's google getting confused - when it indexes images, it remembers the page, so this image may have been on the "featured image" or something. I wouldn't worry at all.

CDSINUK
    2 Sep 2012 - 9:32 PM

Thanks Big Bri, feel a bit easier about it, i had copyright nightmares for a couple of hours there, thanks again Smile

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
    2 Sep 2012 - 9:51 PM

I just did the same search and the image is thumbnail size, so I'm positive that's the reason. You can set your mind at ease. If you follow the link, the image does not show up, since the featured e2 photo has changed.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.