Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Not really new just back with a vengeance

26 Nov 2012 10:28PM
Having been on here a while now (about 6 years). I notice that apparently I have just bought a 350D so I thought I should update. I have recently upgraded to a 60D and although I have tended to dip in and out of photography over the years I now have more time to enjoy it. So with a renewed vigour I am pledging to be a more active member on here and am now also a paid up e2 member. I have set myself a challenge of uploading at least 2 pictures a week to the gallery and trying to get out with my camera at least once a week?

How do you all push yourselves?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink e2
2 406 2 Scotland
26 Nov 2012 10:53PM
just when work/family pressures allow. I know its a bit conformist but thats life Tongue

Rod
Sus e2
10 3.2k 9 England
26 Nov 2012 11:37PM
Sounds like a good plan Chris. I have been very slack over the last year, I think I will emulate your pledge and new year resolution to regularly upload and take the camera out!

Sheer laziness, pressure of other work, and other commitments....but life's too short, need to have some fun!
puertouk e2
3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2012 10:52AM
With the weather back in the UK, I think you should all buy underwater gear WinkTongue
27 Nov 2012 10:53AM
Boats on order, should be here by weekend Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
27 Nov 2012 11:10AM

Quote:How do you all push yourselves

I can't say I actually push myself. But selling a few pics, from time to time, helps to keep motivation up. Smile
27 Nov 2012 1:04PM

Quote:

I can't say I actually push myself. But selling a few pics, from time to time, helps to keep motivation up. Smile

Something I hope to do one day, not professionally, but the occasion picture in a magazine or online sale would be nice. However I have a way to go yet
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
27 Nov 2012 1:27PM

Quote:However I have a way to go yet

Well it won't just happen. You need to contact a few stock libraries and so on, and get through any initial assessment they do. Similarly magazines etc.

The very process of doing that can be motivational in itself. Smile
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2012 3:09PM
Other motivations are join some of the groups here - the weekly B&W one seems cool. Or watch out for the lighter, faster Monday night challenge.
Other than that I follow favourites and try and work out how to do something similar - mini projects.

But time is the key, and life is sometimes just too busy. I've a 60D too, excellently useful camera for a variety of styles.

Welcome back.
Stuart
27 Nov 2012 3:44PM
I've been trying to join in the daily themes. I've looked at the B&W Challenge, need to work on my B&W skills first Smile
I'm loving my 60D, justing saving and working out how I can get the 70-200 F2.8 L IS past the bank manager (aka wife).
4 Dec 2012 1:57AM
Welcome back, i posted a similar thread to yours a while back and then frizzeled out again. Hope you can keep it up better than me
4 Dec 2012 1:58AM
reading my last post back, it actually reads back with a accidental double meaning

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.