Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Not really new just back with a vengeance

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    26 Nov 2012 - 10:28 PM

Having been on here a while now (about 6 years). I notice that apparently I have just bought a 350D so I thought I should update. I have recently upgraded to a 60D and although I have tended to dip in and out of photography over the years I now have more time to enjoy it. So with a renewed vigour I am pledging to be a more active member on here and am now also a paid up e2 member. I have set myself a challenge of uploading at least 2 pictures a week to the gallery and trying to get out with my camera at least once a week?

How do you all push yourselves?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Nov 2012 - 10:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2012 - 10:53 PM

just when work/family pressures allow. I know its a bit conformist but thats life Tongue

Rod

Sus
    Sus  103183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2012 - 11:37 PM

Sounds like a good plan Chris. I have been very slack over the last year, I think I will emulate your pledge and new year resolution to regularly upload and take the camera out!

Sheer laziness, pressure of other work, and other commitments....but life's too short, need to have some fun!

puertouk
    puertouk  31080 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2012 - 10:52 AM

With the weather back in the UK, I think you should all buy underwater gear WinkTongue

chrisheathcote
    27 Nov 2012 - 10:53 AM

Boats on order, should be here by weekend Smile

Last Modified By chrisheathcote at 27 Nov 2012 - 10:54 AM
    Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2012 - 11:10 AM

Quote: How do you all push yourselves

I can't say I actually push myself. But selling a few pics, from time to time, helps to keep motivation up. Smile

chrisheathcote
    27 Nov 2012 - 1:04 PM

Quote:

I can't say I actually push myself. But selling a few pics, from time to time, helps to keep motivation up. Smile

Something I hope to do one day, not professionally, but the occasion picture in a magazine or online sale would be nice. However I have a way to go yet

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2012 - 1:27 PM

Quote: However I have a way to go yet

Well it won't just happen. You need to contact a few stock libraries and so on, and get through any initial assessment they do. Similarly magazines etc.

The very process of doing that can be motivational in itself. Smile

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53667 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2012 - 3:09 PM

Other motivations are join some of the groups here - the weekly B&W one seems cool. Or watch out for the lighter, faster Monday night challenge.
    Other than that I follow favourites and try and work out how to do something similar - mini projects.

But time is the key, and life is sometimes just too busy. I've a 60D too, excellently useful camera for a variety of styles.

Welcome back.
    Stuart

chrisheathcote
    27 Nov 2012 - 3:44 PM

I've been trying to join in the daily themes. I've looked at the B&W Challenge, need to work on my B&W skills first Smile
    I'm loving my 60D, justing saving and working out how I can get the 70-200 F2.8 L IS past the bank manager (aka wife).

pieaddict
    pieaddict  773 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Dec 2012 - 1:57 AM

Welcome back, i posted a similar thread to yours a while back and then frizzeled out again. Hope you can keep it up better than me

pieaddict
    pieaddict  773 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Dec 2012 - 1:58 AM

reading my last post back, it actually reads back with a accidental double meaning

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.