Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Not Rowardennan but Pitlochry Nov 2009 :-) he he

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

daviewat
daviewat  114104 forum posts Scotland
17 Nov 2008 - 10:59 AM

OK here is the plan then a meet at Pitlochry Smile yeaha new ground for you Smile

I know it is just over a year away but boy they come round fast and you all need to book time off etc Smile

Dates ; Thursday 5th Nov 2009 for 4 nights ie 5/6/7/8/ nov leaving as usaul Monday before 12 Smile is that ok ??? If not tough its the only dates that can be done. I have put a provisional booking but as usual to confirm i will have to pay for it :-(

It will be 50.00 a head again keeping it to 45 folks

Rooms !!!!!! well this may a bone of contention but it is slightly different to Rowardennan in that there are a lot less private rooms, sorry but thats the way it is :-( The family room is gone :-( and so is the only sole double one sadly :-( so that leaves dorms. The rooms are not huge, in that lots of beds in each Smile 3 x 4bedded ones and 3 x 6 bedded ones 2 x 8 bedded as well i will at present keep it to male and female etc as usual but if say 2 couple want a four bedded room, fine as long as i know to allocate it that way Smile otherwise its guys with guys and gals with gals. The rooms here are en-suite, may be good or bad !!!!!!!! also a couple of loos outwith rooms and a couple of seperate showers as well Smile

There are 2 x lounges here and a wonderful dining room with stunning views over the town Smile good kitchen , and its warm Smile no tank gas but mains.

There is a main line rail station and its on the main bus routes north so getting here is easy if you have no car. Oh cars !!!!!! parking :-( thats another thing there are only spaces for 10 cars here, but its ok to dump your kit off here and then just park in the street Smile so not really a major issue.

To make it financialy viable (and as low as possible for you) 45 are needed so i am going to stick to that number ok :-( I have names already and will add these at the end, just let me know if you are on that and do NOT want to attend please.

Also if you wanna attend let me know either here or PM

I will also be looking, again, for payments asap please as i will again pay for the booking soon.

Whats in Pitlochry ??? well briefly, 2 x distileries, slamon ladder, power station dam,loch Faskaly,loch tummel, loch tay, aberfeldy area, and really so so so much, the famous soldiers leap at killikrankie a couple of miles away. Ben y Vrakie is the main lump here for walking/climbing and so so many other wlaks through woods etc Smile and yes there is a waterfall at the black spout Smile

There are a few pubs/ eating places/ shops !!! yes a big co-op and lots of whisky/wool/outdoor shops etc Smile and we are only a short walk into town as well Smile train station 5 min walk i will collect folks if they are coming by train Smile or bus as well.

Getting here by car is a piece of cake straight up the A9 Smile

So to sum up;

5/6/7/8th November 2009, at Pitlochry 50.00 a head, as usual this is only for the hostel, food etc etc bring your own.

So I reckon thats it really for now Smile another chapter begins

so get booking with me or at least asking if you can attend Smile

Dave

Kaybee x 1 m
sut 68 x 1m
sut 68 x 1 f
big col x 1m
jeannie x 1f
stevieb x 1m
digicam x 2 m f
kaysbemini x 1m
petra16 x 1f
dougie x 1m
angie x 1f
markscholy x 1m
gogz x 1m

mattwagie x 1m
happysnappa x 1f
digitalecosse x 1m
freja x 1f
mcgoo and family

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Nov 2008 - 10:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fauxtography
17 Nov 2008 - 11:02 AM

I know Teresa was interested, will give her a nudge.

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105971 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2008 - 11:04 AM

Are we there yet?
Don't forget Git.. he is my chauffeur!

Smile

Last Modified By jeanie at 17 Nov 2008 - 11:06 AM
NexusImages
17 Nov 2008 - 11:08 AM

how many sleeps Jeanie?? Smile

daviewat
17 Nov 2008 - 11:09 AM

OOPS I have Paul down anyway Smile just forgot to put him here Wink

Kaybee x 1 m
sut 68 x 1m
sut 68 x 1 f
big col x 1m
jeannie x 1f
stevieb x 1m
digicam x 2 m f
kaysbemini x 1m
petra16 x 1f
dougie x 1m
angie x 1f
markscholy x 1m
gogz x 1m
Strathb x 1m
mattwagie x 1m
happysnappa x 1f
digitalecosse x 1m
freja x 1f
mcgoo and family

Last Modified By daviewat at 17 Nov 2008 - 11:10 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
daviewat
17 Nov 2008 - 11:13 AM

OK Payments :-( ouch I know.

Paypal as usual an extra 1.50, sucks but they charge not me to

daviewat(at)gmail.com

Just put epz name and numbers attending please Smile

Cheque to

D Watson
Pitlochry Youth Hostel
Knockard Road
PITLOCHRY
Perthshire
ph16 5hj

Bank transfer PM me please for account details

So its again 50.00 a head :-( and hopefully this will be the 2nd year when it does not cost me loads :-( he he

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105971 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2008 - 11:19 AM

Quote: How many sleeps Jeanie??

I have to make a countdown.. stand by Smile

Dave will it be ok to send a deposit for now and pay more after Xmas?

Jeanie

jeanie
17 Nov 2008 - 11:22 AM

353 sleeps......

(hahahahahah!!! thank goodness for Google countdowns!!)

conrad
conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2008 - 11:23 AM

Quote: Dave will it be ok to send a deposit for now and pay more after Xmas?

Poor Dave - people treat him like a bank! Here's hoping the credit crunch doesn't affect him like it did the banks...

Last Modified By conrad at 17 Nov 2008 - 11:23 AM
jeanie
17 Nov 2008 - 11:26 AM

Sad
I usually pay upfront Conrad.. feel bad now - out with Card..

Smile

Last Modified By jeanie at 17 Nov 2008 - 11:26 AM
conrad
conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2008 - 11:31 AM

Oops, that was more directed at those who don't pay until the last moment, Jeanie - your question only reminded me of that, it didn't put you in the same category as far as I'm concerned...

jeanie
17 Nov 2008 - 11:34 AM

phew.. but 'tis done now - paid up.
As you say - lets hope that Dave is not out of pocket this time..

Smile

daviewat
17 Nov 2008 - 11:34 AM

Quote: Quote:How many sleeps Jeanie?? I have to make a countdown.. stand by

Dave will it be ok to send a deposit for now and pay more after Xmas?

Jeanie

That would have been fine Smile

In fact a 15.00 deposit is ok from folks for now and full payment by end of March, if thats fine, I know its x-mass, credit crunch etc it hits me too, but at least i have managed to persuade my bosses that payment will be made asap so they are letting me pay 50% just now to hold the booking, nice of them eh !!!!!!

Also I will do 2 lists, those who have paid, full or deposit, and them that have NOT paid Smile cruel but it will be a lot easier and saves the vultures waiting Smile

Dave

Last Modified By daviewat at 17 Nov 2008 - 11:39 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
fauxtography
17 Nov 2008 - 11:40 AM

Will sort you out a cheque as soon as I can Dave.

daviewat
17 Nov 2008 - 11:42 AM

Like this Smile

Not paid

Kaybee x 1 m
sut 68 x 1m
sut 68 x 1 f
big col x 1m

stevieb x 1m
digicam x 2 m f
kaysbemini x 1m
petra16 x 1f
dougie x 1m
angie x 1f
markscholy x 1m
gogz x 1m
Strathb x 1m
mattwagie x 1m
happysnappa x 1f
digitalecosse x 1m
freja x 1f
mcgoo and family

Paid up

jeanie x 1 f

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.